Join for free
Page 5 of 31 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 12:01 PM

Re: I'd like to see you....

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Do I look like a little wimp in my new photo Carol?
Yes!

Sorry Floydy but you know I’m a Brat.

You look fine.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Yes!

Sorry Floydy but you know I’m a Brat.

You look fine.
Would a topless one be better?
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 12:04 PM

Would a topless one be better?
YES !!!!!!!!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 12:04 PM

Do I look like a little wimp in my new photo Carol?

No of course not Floydy but is it really you?

It has been suggested that some people use pics of others instead of themselves!!

My own belief is that this it the true Floydy and very nice too.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 12:05 PM

But until we get "virtual avatars" which would be like a video link, we can only have pleasant chit chat.
More than that in some cases.
I post on a couple of forums where serious technical matters are discussed.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 12:05 PM

I have shown a photo at times but an avatar can also be something representative of a person's character (or so it says in the definition of 'avatar') and I reckon that's OK too. Mine's a shield because I can be a bit guarded sometimes ..and because I drew the thing.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
YES !!!!!!!!
The mods would probably have something to say Bratti, so I'm sorry but no. There's one on my photo page I think.
Originally Posted by carol ->
No of course not Floydy but is it really you?

It has been suggested that some people use pics of others instead of themselves!!

My own belief is that this it the true Floydy and very nice too.
Yeah course it's me Carol. I took that a month ago after I'd ran across the Humber Bridge
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

24-05-2019, 12:15 PM

Haha. Hint taken.
Took my picture off.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 12:30 PM

It doesn't bother me personally that I can't see people's faces when they post. I think their personality is much more important, in fact I quite like not knowing what someone looks like because we can make our own picture of them in our minds... a bit like when reading the book is better than watching the film.

There are lots of reasons why someone would not want to show their picture and I think we should respect that.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
It doesn't bother me personally that I can't see people's faces when they post. I think their personality is much more important, in fact I quite like not knowing what someone looks like because we can make our own picture of them in our minds... a bit like when reading the book is better than watching the film.

There are lots of reasons why someone would not want to show their picture and I think we should respect that.
This entirely.......^^^^

Page 5 of 31 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top