Join for free
Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 01:43 AM

Re: Were You Ever Bathed In The Sink?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Well were you?
Of course! And my kids were bathed in my laundry tub until they were too big (or too heavy) for it when they started to use the bath and the shower.

My grandkids were bathed in the same laundry tub as their parents when they visited.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 02:34 AM

Hi

Yes, I can also remember the tin bath hung on the backyard wall.

It was a revelation when we moved and had an internal bathroom with hot water.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 05:50 AM

Definitely not. We had an oval plastic (?) baby bath - a bit like a giant washing-up bowl - on a folding stand. Bought in 1937 for the brother - subsequently used for the sister and myself.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 07:29 AM

Yep, kitchen sink for us as babies, then when we were bigger we used the tin bath in front of the fire on Saturday night, mum first then dad, then my sister, then me and my brother, and then even the dog if he needed one.. Happy days...
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Yep, kitchen sink for us as babies, then when we were bigger we used the tin bath in front of the fire on Saturday night, mum first then dad, then my sister, then me and my brother, and then even the dog if he needed one.. Happy days...
Tough in a big family though, the soap was almost gone and the 'scum' round the edge became worse as bath time went on! The water was almost cold too for the last one!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 07:44 AM

I remember sometimes sitting my kids on the drainer with their legs in the sink for a quick strip wash...they thought it was fun

Reminds me of the episode of Mrs Browns Boys when she sat grandad on the kitchen top and gave him a quick once over with Flash kitchen spray cleaner. Made me laugh
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I remember sometimes sitting my kids on the drainer with their legs in the sink for a quick strip wash...they thought it was fun

Reminds me of the episode of Mrs Browns Boys when she sat grandad on the kitchen top and gave him a quick once over with Flash kitchen spray cleaner. Made me laugh
I remember that episode of Steptoe when the old man was washing in the kitchen sink, hilarious...
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts

02-07-2020, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Tough in a big family though, the soap was almost gone and the 'scum' round the edge became worse as bath time went on! The water was almost cold too for the last one!
It was worth it though Baz, when we were all clean and smelling sweet we got to make our own toast on the fire for supper then play a game of Monopoly or something till bedtime, simple pleasures..
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 08:00 AM

I remember that episode of Steptoe when the old man was washing in the kitchen sink, hilarious...
Ha!...yes I remember that too...so funny
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 08:02 AM

It was worth it though Baz, when we were all clean and smelling sweet we got to make our own toast on the fire for supper then play a game of Monopoly or something till bedtime, simple pleasures..
Yes, I recall the toasting fork, the coal fire and strawberry jam, also for a treat we sometimes used to have 'crumpets' with butter. Strange how these happy times and memories come back isn't it.

Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top