Join for free
Page 5 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 08:11 AM

Re: Were You Ever Bathed In The Sink?

I never lived in a house that didn't have a bathroom, but I know people who did.
I also still toast crumpets on a long fork if I light the open fire, in the lounge.

All these activities will just become part of history & nobody will remember them when our generation die!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
I remember the Wright's Coal Tar Soap, sort of orange looking
and with a very strong antiseptic smell too.
You can still get coal tar soap. In fact, when Todger started buying all the soap and toilet rolls, that was the only soap I could get locally.

It reminded me of being washed in my grandparents' sink. I still like the smell.

At home, we were posher and used a tin bath which was in the kitchen with a curtain around it. When we moved to flat in 1970, we had a bathroom with toilet and a separate toilet next to it. I know! How posh was that for the 70's.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Wouldn't be surprised, he always did like the ladies!
So do I. Do you know any?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 01:08 PM

The sink when I was little was terracotta and about 3 times the size of the one in the picture but quite shallow and yes I had lots of baths in it until I was old enough for the tin bath in front of the fire .

The water in the tin bath was heated in the copper and everyone bathing that day used the same water starting with the youngest so we didn't see the older members bare
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I never lived in a house that didn't have a bathroom, but I know people who did.
I also still toast crumpets on a long fork if I light the open fire, in the lounge.

All these activities will just become part of history & nobody will remember them when our generation die!
Neither did I, but I did know people who didn't have a proper bath room & an outside privy too. My then Parents-in-law, Being pregnant at the time the outdoor privy was a pain, it was down the bottom of a long garden & full of spiders & other creatures.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

02-07-2020, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
The sink when I was little was terracotta and about 3 times the size of the one in the picture but quite shallow and yes I had lots of baths in it until I was old enough for the tin bath in front of the fire .

The water in the tin bath was heated in the copper and everyone bathing that day used the same water starting with the youngest so we didn't see the older members bare
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 02:10 PM

Bathing Fifties Style in a Yorkshire pit village....A young Foxy...

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

02-07-2020, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->

Nothing changes.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->

Foxy, When l first saw the pic, l thought it was a female as l could see a breast on the right-hand side!
When l read it was you, l realised it was just the illusion and my eyes were playing tricks on me! It was the way l was looking at the crook of your arm.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

02-07-2020, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Foxy, When l first saw the pic, l thought it was a female as l could see a breast on the righ-hand side!
When l read it was you, l realised it was just the illusion and my eyes were playing tricks on me!
OooooH! I see what you mean.

Page 5 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top