Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2020, 08:10 AM

Re: Big House In A Bad Area, Or A Small House In A Good Area?

In general more people suffer nuisance than crime, probably.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2020, 08:10 AM

And for longer periods, probably.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2020, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Last year I watched a documentary about £1 houses in a really bad area of Liverpool . These derelict houses offered an opportunity for folk to do up and own themselves. They worked so very hard . Made them absolutely beautiful .

But in an awful area .

The houses robbed , attacked and thugs passing each day ready to violate or abuse these families and their children.

I wonder if it was worth it now . I wouldn't have wanted to live there .
Oh what a shame it was such a great idea .
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2020, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Location location, location. Never live next to a green open space, an alley way, a School, or bottom of a Cul De Sac (or anywhere Children can be sent to play safely), or within 100 metres of a Convenience Store, or where there is a Bus Stop (especially with a low sitable wall), a development where the entry/exit point is on a main road where the traffic is a pain in the arse, against these criteria, the size of the property is immaterial.Imo
That is my place out of the running then ,the house is sideways on to the road which finishes 2 houses down, and we have a 3 way brick block community area to our own drives
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2020, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Location location, location. Never live next to a green open space, an alley way, a School, or bottom of a Cul De Sac (or anywhere Children can be sent to play safely), or within 100 metres of a Convenience Store, or where there is a Bus Stop (especially with a low sitable wall), a development where the entry/exit point is on a main road where the traffic is a pain in the arse, against these criteria, the size of the property is immaterial.Imo
Another planet sounds more suitable, perhaps that's the answer to all these problems? Failing that a house in the middle of a field with only cows and horses for neighbours, no people, and a twenty-mile car journey to the nearest town!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2020, 09:42 AM

Last year I watched a documentary about £1 houses in a really bad area of Liverpool . These derelict houses offered an opportunity for folk to do up and own themselves. They worked so very hard . Made them absolutely beautiful .

But in an awful area .

The houses robbed , attacked and thugs passing each day ready to violate or abuse these families and their children.

I wonder if it was worth it now . I wouldn't have wanted to live there

That's a shame, after all their hard work Susan.
But that seems money down the drain to me, because no matter how nice you make the inside, it won't change the area outside.
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2020, 11:02 AM

But in an awful area .

I wonder if it was worth it now . I wouldn't have wanted to live there .
I watched that with interest and hope the lady that went out and collected the rubbish, the lovely families and those trying to get a foothold wonder how they all got on. Someone I think they were fighting against the environment which had over time become run down and neglected the plan was an excellent one though. A GREEN SHOOT OF HOPE.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2020, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Another planet sounds more suitable, perhaps that's the answer to all these problems? Failing that a house in the middle of a field with only cows and horses for neighbours, no people, and a twenty-mile car journey to the nearest town!
If I could I would live on Pern then & impress a dragon.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2020, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
As usual I had to check that one out, only to find that it is an American science fantasy
series – 'Dragonriders of Pern'!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragonriders_of_Pern

One thing is for certain – I never stop learning! No idea what I am going to do with
all this knowledge though!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2020, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Nah. Ogygia for me!

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top