Join for free
Page 11 of 13 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 >
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 12:22 PM

Re: Air rage

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I agree it's utterly unfair,Twink..IMO....what can we do about it?
Probably very little, if everybody else is happy to have their pleasures removed, just because one woman caused a problem.

Aeroplane travel is frequently uncomfortable , places restrictions on what to can take with you & I have done it so many times it is losing its appeal!
Now I have the time & having already driven to Italy, I now prefer to drive. You can take a break when you want, easily find somewhere to stay if you want a drink, and the scenery is lovely.
Planes get you there faster, providing you don't mind being able to do very little & getting bored....especially when you can't even have a glass if wine!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 12:25 PM

IMO imposing a fine on this woman is pointless unless she has property that can be seized in order to pay it. Much better would be a custodial sentence plus a community work order. Let's face facts. She's a slag.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
IMO imposing a fine on this woman is pointless unless she has property that can be seized in order to pay it. Much better would be a custodial sentence plus a community work order. Let's face facts. She's a slag.
I agree.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Yes definitely, she needs to be alert as I have said before if there is an emergency. Flights do get into trouble, I was on a flight at the turn of this century when we hit some extreme turbulence, it was quite scary. We had to be prepared in case the plane landed in the sea. Passengers who weren't alert due to alcohol could have drowned if the plane had landed in the sea. Fortunately we got through it and arrived safely after a very unpleasant landing.
It's likely they would drown anyway.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
this should be fun, kettle's on
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Hello my friend
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

19-07-2019, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Nobody needs a drink, but some people enjoy one when they are travelling!
I don't drink & drive, but on coach trips abroad I have had a drink when we stop for refreshments.
All Pauline and I are asking, is why sensible people who just want a glass of wine, should have to do without because we pander to idiots like this woman?
I have probably traveled by plane on more than 250 occasions and, apart from 1 occasion when I was ill, I have had a drink on all of those flights. I see it as a pleasure that I don't want to give up & why should I when I have done nothing to put others safety at risk?

Look at it this way...... some Muslims have blown up planes they were travelling on! Do you think we should ban all Muslims from travelling on planes?
If not, why deny sensible people a glass of wine, because one stupid woman tried to open the door of the plane in flight?
Lets be fair, has anybody proved that she was under the influence of alcohol? If it was drugs how are you going to stop them taking them when they fly?
I think they should have their own specific flights so that if they want to blow each other up they can.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

19-07-2019, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Hello my friend
Are you in the front row?
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 01:31 PM

Are you in the front row?
Nah, just keeping an eye on rougue apostrophes now, entertainment's gone very flat today
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 01:35 PM

It's likely they would drown anyway.
Don't let probabilities get in the way of a good theory...........

Page 11 of 13 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top