Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2019, 12:40 PM

Re: Dealing With People Who Push Your Buttons

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Ok ok. Here you go
That is much better.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2019, 02:21 PM

Hi

Being an Enforcement Officer for Decades, you have to learn how not to let people push your buttons.

It is very tempting, as a Dad, to hit someone admitting to sexually abusing and then killing a Child.

You simply cannot do this, to do so will get them off the Charges.

It is very difficult to take.

The same applies with Terrorists who have randomly killed innocents.

So, so tempting, but cannot be done.

We are taught disassociation, whenever you feel they are getting to you, you have a special place where you are happy, a personal experience.

It works, takes your mind off the normal human reactions and allows you to concentrate on the important things.

Not everyone can do it, but to be any good you must learn it.

That way they lose, you win.

Many of those we deal with are taught how to push your buttons, it is a deliberate ploy.

Very early on in my career I came very, very, close to hitting someone.

It was very personal, shortly after the birth of my daughter and a father abusing a female baby.

The Dad thing, I could have happily kicked him from here to Kingdom come.

That would have been wrong, he would have been freed, not prosecuted.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2019, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
That is much better.
You’re welcome
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2019, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->

We are taught disassociation, whenever you feel they are getting to you, you have a special place where you are happy, a personal experience.

That’s right. It’s illegal to push someone down a flight of stairs but sometimes thinking about it CAN be that happy place you speak of. Sure I can disassociate.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2019, 04:06 PM

That’s right. It’s illegal to push someone down a flight of stairs but sometimes thinking about it CAN be that happy place you speak of. Sure I can disassociate.
Hi

It cannot be your happy place.

It is something you have to be trained to do.

My daughter was 5 weeks old when it happened to me.

A father sodomising his new born daughter for the pleasure of others.

It is very, very difficult to deal with.

I would have happily snapped his neck.

You have to learn not to to prevent harm to others.

It is not easy, trust me.

You have to become detached to stop it happening to others, when everything in your head, as a Dad, says get him.

Self Control is difficult at times for Enforcement Officers, but that is what you pay us for.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

08-11-2019, 07:31 PM

I was being facetious.
Twisted humour.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

09-11-2019, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Pauline, I think some people look too deeply into things and blame everything on their past life. They dwell on it forever. You can’t go back, you can’t change things. ‘‘Tis Done”.

Some people are naturally pushy and obnoxious and it’s not because of things happening in their life.
It’s about being pig ignorant and thinking they can push everyone to the limit.

l can take so much of it and then l turn on people like that. After that, l avoid them.

Bratti, l hope that’s what your thread was about?
This is also what it’s about.
I think I’m fairly easy going but I dislike pushy people and should avoid them but I end up butting heads with them instead. Intellectually I know this is the wrong approach but emotionally I’m lost. In the end I can end up being just as pig headed and stubborn. It’s a really ugly characteristic.

I notice some members on here who claim that they don’t allow anyone to push their buttons yet have seen them often flip out on others. Isn’t over reacting a symptom of having our buttons pushed or is that just a cover up?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2019, 04:37 PM

This is also what it’s about.
I think I’m fairly easy going but I dislike pushy people and should avoid them but I end up butting heads with them instead. Intellectually I know this is the wrong approach but emotionally I’m lost. In the end I can end up being just as pig headed and stubborn. It’s a really ugly characteristic.

I notice some members on here who claim that they don’t allow anyone to push their buttons yet have seen them often flip out on others. Isn’t over reacting a symptom of having our buttons pushed or is that just a cover up?

I have seen members having their buttons pushed...and reacting...I don't find that a big deal.

We are human,not robots...as for flipping out on others,I think most of us on here,have done that...including you Bratti..IMO.

I may hold on to it for a while...then I let it go...life is to short
My hypersensitivity left me quite a few yrs ago..or maybe that should read...over sensitivity.

In my experience ,when I butt heads with some people...it's because we are very much alike.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

09-11-2019, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I have seen members having their buttons pushed...and reacting...I don't find that a big deal.

We are human,not robots...as for flipping out on others,I think most of us on here,have done that...including you Bratti..IMO.

I may hold on to it for a while...then I let it go...life is to short
My hypersensitivity left me quite a few yrs ago..or maybe that should read...over sensitivity.

In my experience ,when I butt heads with some people...it's because we are very much alike.
Yes I have flipped out before. I wasn’t denying it. Perhaps it is because I am too much alike and probably because I am being hyper sensitive. Hyper sensitive. That’s it! That’s me to a tee at times.lol.

I suppose two stubborn people would butt heads

Well that was helpful.
Thank you.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2019, 10:13 PM

Trouble is when someone has dig at you, and you know they are right, but, when you reciprocate, they go into denial.

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top