Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2016, 10:14 AM

Re: Am I missing something?

Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership you are talking about?

There is all about it here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transa...nt_Partnership
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2016, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Malc.27 ->
What will change (in this Country), if and when the 'deficit' is paid off...I can't see where we will be any different than now?
The Government isn't likely to invest in new (well paid) jobs. I'm sure there will still be Zero hours contracts...Unemployment...Low-pay etc.
I must be missing something, but I can't see what it is...
Perhaps someone here can explain?

Malc.
I think you are missing something Malc 27. It is just basic economics, and no different to every household budget really. We have x amount of income. If we take out a loan then whilst making repayments we have less to spend than we did before, so when we have paid off our debts we can afford to spend a little more on ourselves rather than give debt interest to the bank.

The country runs in much the same way. We generate x amount of income from taxes etc, and if we weren't spending huge amounts on debt interest we could afford more schools, better transport, greater health spending etc. etc.

Simples....

P.S. some actually like zero hours contracts and stay on them through choice, being self employed I was on one most of my working life.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2016, 10:24 AM

In 2015 the UK government paid £13 billion to the EU budget, and EU spending on the UK was £4.5 billion. So the UK’s ‘net contribution’ was estimated at about £8.5 billion.

Each year the UK gets an instant discount on its contributions to the EU—the ‘rebate’—worth almost £5 billion last year. Without it the UK would have been liable for £18 billion in contributions.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

01-03-2016, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I can't explain or even guess what whichever Government in power will do with it.

However it is 10 times what we pay the EU every year, so £68 Billion a year would go a long way to transforming the NHS and services for the elderly.
So i don't know where you got those amounts from Swimfeeders

The UK pays more into the EU budget than it gets back.

In 2015 the UK government paid £13 billion to the EU budget, and EU spending on the UK was £4.5 billion. So the UK’s ‘net contribution’ was estimated at about £8.5 billion.

Each year the UK gets an instant discount on its contributions to the EU—the ‘rebate’—worth almost £5 billion last year. Without it the UK would have been liable for £18 billion in contributions.

Link to my source of information

https://fullfact.org/economy/our-eu-...ee-55-million/
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2016, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
So i don't know where you got those amounts from Swimfeeders

The UK pays more into the EU budget than it gets back.

Link to my source of information

https://fullfact.org/economy/our-eu-...ee-55-million/
Hi

Yes, my fault, simple typo, put £6.8 instead of £8.6.

Specsavers here I come.
Malc.27
Pembroke U.K.
Malc.27 is male  Malc.27 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2016, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I think you are missing something Malc 27. It is just basic economics, and no different to every household budget really. We have x amount of income. If we take out a loan then whilst making repayments we have less to spend than we did before, so when we have paid off our debts we can afford to spend a little more on ourselves rather than give debt interest to the bank.

The country runs in much the same way. We generate x amount of income from taxes etc, and if we weren't spending huge amounts on debt interest we could afford more schools, better transport, greater health spending etc. etc.

Simples....

P.S. some actually like zero hours contracts and stay on them through choice, being self employed I was on one most of my working life.
Hi Barry...

Mmmm...I wonder if it will actually work that way, let's hope so, no matter who is 'in charge' at that time, I'm not very confident that the extra money available will be used for the benefit of the Country...

Malc.

Thanks for your reply.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top