Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2020, 08:14 AM

Re: This will have to hurt

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Then kiss the sunderland plant goodbye.

Its expanding .... do you not understand that either.

Tell me, how is the Sunderland plant move to the EU before the end of the year ? You claim to be an expert so I want to hear the answer that you don't know how to answer
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2020, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Its expanding .... do you not understand that either.

Tell me, how is the Sunderland plant move to the EU before the end of the year ? You claim to be an expert so I want to hear the answer that you don't know how to answer
Friend bread, you must not let your hatred of the EU cloud that sharp business brain of you. Take the nissan's perspective. They don't need to move the sunderland plant, they just close it. The loss on investments in machinery they write off. In britain it is deductable for taxes, so less taxes to pay. Probably nissan won't lose out on closing sunderland at all. Nissan keeps open their spain and indonesia plants (which produces the same models as sunderland) and keeps happily selling cars. They don't care about their workers, and neither does the british government.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2020, 01:51 PM

Friend bread, you must not let your hatred of the EU cloud that sharp business brain of you. Take the nissan's perspective. They don't need to move the sunderland plant, they just close it. The loss on investments in machinery they write off. In britain it is deductable for taxes, so less taxes to pay. Probably nissan won't lose out on closing sunderland at all. Nissan keeps open their spain and indonesia plants (which produces the same models as sunderland) and keeps happily selling cars. They don't care about their workers, and neither does the british government.
Why would you close a plant that makes a huge profit on the 500,000 cars it sells a year because of tariffs ?

So when the USA puts higher tariffs on German cars should BMW, Mercedes, VW, Skoda all close their plants as well ? There are 6.5% tariffs on Indonesian car imports already to the EU.... just saying like.

Anyway, Spain doesn't make the same models as Sunderland though .. it makes that big ugly out of date "Pajero" or something like that (if my memory serves me right). I think your just making things up again. Especially as I've already explained the tax implications of moving a business to Spain, with its higher corporation tax, higher VAT etc (see my earlier post)

Oh yeah, while you're on, how do you move the Sunderland plant to Spain exactly then ? You never did give me an explanation and being an expert I'd like to hear how you can do it before 31st December. If you write it down for me I'll send it to them and see what they think.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2020, 02:11 PM

Why would you close a plant that makes a huge profit on the 500,000 cars it sells a year because of tariffs ?

So when the USA puts higher tariffs on German cars should BMW, Mercedes, VW, Skoda all close their plants as well ? There are 6.5% tariffs on Indonesian car imports already to the EU.... just saying like.

Anyway, Spain doesn't make the same models as Sunderland though .. it makes that big ugly out of date "Pajero" or something like that (if my memory serves me right). I think your just making things up again. Especially as I've already explained the tax implications of moving a business to Spain, with its higher corporation tax, higher VAT etc (see my earlier post)

Oh yeah, while you're on, how do you move the Sunderland plant to Spain exactly then ? You never did give me an explanation and being an expert I'd like to hear how you can do it before 31st December. If you write it down for me I'll send it to them and see what they think.
Dude, it is you who wants to move a plant. It is not my figment, it's yours.

As for the rest, see if your arguments convince nissan to stay.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

05-06-2020, 02:37 PM

According to Richard Aucock of Motoring Research, NMUK*produced*507,444*cars*at their*Sunderlandplant during 2016.
They show*Nissan produced*346,535 cars last year (2019), a 21.6 per cent drop of 2018'sfigure*of 442,254 and the second-biggest reduction of a*UK*manufacturer.

You would have been right in the year of the referendum, but time has moved on. I would say production is steadily declining, wouldn't you?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

05-06-2020, 02:43 PM

According to Richard Aucock of Motoring Research, NMUK*produced*507,444*cars*at their*Sunderlandplant during 2016.
They show*Nissan produced*346,535 cars last year (2019), a 21.6 per cent drop of 2018'sfigure*of 442,254 and the second-biggest reduction of a*UK*manufacturer.

You would have been right in the year of the referendum, but time has moved on. I would say production is steadily declining, wouldn't you?
No, it isn't. I'll tell you why ...

1. Uncertainty about diesel cars
2. The UK government stopped the incentive payments to help buy electric cars.

The decline in 2020 is because of Coronavirus.

If you want to see where the sale of cars are declining try looking at defunct plants in Spain and look at the decline in German car purchases over the same period.

The only time the UK economy took a blip since the referendum in 2016 was when we extended the withdrawal period and stayed in the EU.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2020, 03:02 PM

1. Uncertainty about diesel cars
2. The UK government stopped the incentive payments to help buy electric cars.

If you want to see where the sale of cars are declining try looking at defunct plants in Spain and look at the decline in German car purchases over the same period.

The only time the UK economy took a blip since the referendum in 2016 was when we extended the withdrawal period and stayed in the EU.
As usual, Bread, you are quite right and our not-so-friendly EU troll is totally wrong. A simple Google has found this lovely explanation which also states that Nissan, Sunderland will also be making some Renault models too to improve efficiency for the alliance between the two brands.

Unfortunately, 2 days ago, the Grauniad suggested just the opposite and Nissan would be prepared to pull production out of Sunderland if there was no trade deal forthcoming. I suspect this is a bluff because, if I remember correctly, Nissan's then boss threatened to pull production and close Sunderland in 2016 if we voted to leave the EU.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

05-06-2020, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
As usual, Bread, you are quite right and our not-so-friendly EU troll is totally wrong. A simple Google has found this lovely explanation which also states that Nissan, Sunderland will also be making some Renault models too to improve efficiency for the alliance between the two brands.

Unfortunately, 2 days ago, the Grauniad suggested just the opposite and Nissan would be prepared to pull production out of Sunderland if there was no trade deal forthcoming. I suspect this is a bluff because, if I remember correctly, Nissan's then boss threatened to pull production and close Sunderland in 2016 if we voted to leave the EU.
Yep, and in 2016 the argument was the same as now, adding tariffs on prices of cars from the UK renders the production unviable.
Better pray boris shuts his trap and let cummings do the talking. You saw what boris' statement on irish border controls is causing just this week?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

05-06-2020, 03:11 PM

And the decline in 2017, the decline in 2018, the decline in 2019? I would call that a steady decline, but there is nothing steady about you....
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2020, 03:13 PM

And the decline in 2017, the decline in 2018, the decline in 2019? I would call that a steady decline, but there is nothing steady about you....
One word answer: Diesel.

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top