Join for free
Page 8 of 15 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 06:05 PM

Re: Fiona Onasanya

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
E Pluribus Unum.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E_pluribus_unum

"E pluribus unum" is included in the Great Seal of the United States, being one of the nation's mottos at the time of the seal's creation

Meaning of the motto

The meaning of the phrase originates from the concept that out of the union of the original Thirteen Colonies emerged a new single nation.

Origins

It is emblazoned across the scroll and clenched in the eagle’s beak on the Great Seal of the United States.At the time of the American Revolution, the exact phrase appeared prominently on the title page of every issue of a popular periodical, The Gentleman's Magazine, which collected articles from many sources into one magazine. This in turn can be traced back to the London-based Huguenot Peter Anthony Motteux, who used the adage for his The Gentleman's Journal, or the Monthly Miscellany (1692-1694). The phrase is similar to a Latin translation of a variation of Heraclitus's tenth fragment, "The one is made up of all things, and all things issue from the one" (ἐκ πάντων ἓν καὶ ἐξ ἑνὸς πάντα). A variant of the phrase was used in "Moretum", a poem belonging to the Appendix Virgiliana, describing (on the surface at least) the making of moretum, a kind of herb and cheese spread related to modern pesto. In the poem text, color est e pluribus unus describes the blending of colors into one. St Augustine used a variant of the phrase, ex pluribus unum, in his Confessions. But it seems more likely that the phrase refers to Cicero's paraphrase of Pythagoras in his De Officiis, as part of his discussion of basic family and social bonds as the origin of societies and states: "When each person loves the other as much as himself, it makes one out of many (unus fiat ex pluribus), as Pythagoras wishes things to be in friendship."

"E pluribus unum" is also in the logo of Estonian Scouts Single Infantry Battalion
But I fail to see what it has to do with Ms Onasanya .....
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E_pluribus_unum

But I fail to see what it has to do with Ms Onasanya .....
when it comes to low life untrustworthy politicians she is just one of many, especially but not exclusively on the Labour side.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 05:40 AM

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ep-jailed.html

The Vicar of Peterborough (a real title), the Rev Canon Ian Black, has called for the MP to go, saying 'it's time', after the 35-year-old MP released a video - recorded in front of an image of the New York City skyline - pleading her innocence.

He told The Times: 'I found the video bizarre. She is a person of faith and she had always struck me as being someone of integrity and of deep interest in this constituency, so the whole thing is just strange.

'I think she is someone going through a personal turmoil and for that she does have my profound sympathy and prayers, but I think her days as our MP should come to an end.'
That's a commendably charitable viewpoint which, nevertheless, expresses popular opinion .....
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 07:25 AM

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ep-jailed.html

That's a commendably charitable viewpoint which, nevertheless, expresses popular opinion .....
Not mine.

Not by a country mile.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

20-03-2019, 12:02 PM

Recall petition opens in Peterborough

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-47628179

The petition will be available for constituents to sign over the next six weeks, closing at 17:00 BST on 1 May.

It is available to sign in 10 different venues across the city - but only by eligible Peterborough constituents.

Gillian Beasley, chief executive of Peterborough City Council, described organising the petition as "a massive operation".

She said 13,000 postal signing papers had been issued, and 57,000 letters sent to constituents informing them of the process.

Signatures will be counted at the end of the six-week period, and the total figure returned to the Speaker, who will then approve publication of the results.
Is there any doubt that Ms Onasanya will be recalled .....
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 02:22 PM

I feel that someone should have a word with her and quietly explain that she is not doing herself any favours, and that she has no future in politics as the public is getting fed up with MPs being involved in dodgy stuff.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

21-03-2019, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
I feel that someone should have a word with her and quietly explain that she is not doing herself any favours, and that she has no future in politics as the public is getting fed up with MPs being involved in dodgy stuff.
That's almost funny. Her kind don't give a flying fig about ANYTHING beyond themselves and what they can get away with.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2019, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
Yes although it may have to be a slightly louder word as she is completely deluded and determined to get her own way.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

21-03-2019, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Yes although it may have to be a slightly louder word as she is completely deluded and determined to get her own way.
Indeed ..... COMPLETELY deluded .....
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

21-03-2019, 12:11 PM

Indeed ..... COMPLETELY deluded .....
Not deluded, just totally indifferent and typical of the type.

Page 8 of 15 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top