Join for free
Page 9 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10 >
OldFogey
NW UK
OldFogey is male  OldFogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 06:04 AM

Re: Bercow to make a Statement at 3.30pm

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
What’s another name for Conspiring with a foreign country against the government

Perhaps we’d better ready the Tower
Yes, Farage should be investigated by due process and then, if necessary, dealt with by the courts.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 07:05 AM

Hi

Many are viewing Bercow as anti Brexit, however Rees Mogg has said he is delighted with the judgement.

It is a strange world we live in.

Guy tells me that the money speculators have placed some huge bets in the Far East on the £ crashing due to the mess.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 07:25 AM

"Didn't he do well"???

https://www.aol.co.uk/news/2019/03/1...must-change-h/
weedeek
Dumfries, Scotland
weedeek is male  weedeek has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 09:27 AM

Will anyone look to Westminster with any sort of respect again? Did anyone really think leaving would be easy? Did anyone in the English shlres give Northern Ireland a second thought? Does any leaver think it’s a good thing to be reliant on the DUP who do not represent the majority opinion in that troubled province (look up Orange Order first)? England deserves better, we all do. Does anyone not understand why many of us up here campaign to rid Scotland of Westminster for ever?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by weedeek ->
Will anyone look to Westminster with any sort of respect again? Did anyone really think leaving would be easy? Did anyone in the English shlres give Northern Ireland a second thought? Does any leaver think it’s a good thing to be reliant on the DUP who do not represent the majority opinion in that troubled province (look up Orange Order first)? England deserves better, we all do. Does anyone not understand why many of us up here campaign to rid Scotland of Westminster for ever?
No, I'm sure.
To be honest, no, not at the time.
Yes, in the absence of other leave supporters in the House.
Yes, we do.
Yes, I completely understand and would also vote for Scottish independence.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I cannot wait to see what Johnathon Pie will make of this.
I bet it will be spot on and very, very funny
Donkeyman.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by weedeek ->
Respect for Parliament finished for me when the expenses scandal first came to light. It has since then progressed into a 3-ring circus.

I knew leaving would never be easy, but what has transpired almost three years later, is beyond belief.

Northern Ireland, to be honest, was not at the forefront of my mind when voting, because I had always seen N.I. as part of the UK. I thought about the border and the GFA, but assumed the two would come to a sensible, adult approach to the border. Wishful thinking of course.

I certainly have more sympathy for Scotland's wish to leave than previously. We don't even have that luxury, we are stuck with the whole motley crew. I will go as far as admitting that I have the same feeling over Brexit as you must when you lost your independence vote. (Even though, laughably, we won our independence vote!)
Maybe the SNP should try to persuade the clowns in Parliament to allow England an equal say for Scottish Independence? I am sure with what we have put up with would now gain you a lot more sympathy in your goal.

No, I do not think putting the future of this country into the hands of the DUP is a good idea, but we can only blame Theresa May for this debacle by calling a General Election.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Respect for Parliament finished for me when the expenses scandal first came to light. It has since then progressed into a 3-ring circus.

I knew leaving would never be easy, but what has transpired almost three years later, is beyond belief.

Northern Ireland, to be honest, was not at the forefront of my mind when voting, because I had always seen N.I. as part of the UK. I thought about the border and the GFA, but assumed the two would come to a sensible, adult approach to the border. Wishful thinking of course.

I certainly have more sympathy for Scotland's wish to leave than previously. We don't even have that luxury, we are stuck with the whole motley crew. I will go as far as admitting that I have the same feeling over Brexit as you must when you lost your independence vote. (Even though, laughably, we won our independence vote!)
Maybe the SNP should try to persuade the clowns in Parliament to allow England an equal say for Scottish Independence? I am sure with what we have put up with would now gain you a lot more sympathy in your goal.

No, I do not think putting the future of this country into the hands of the DUP is a good idea, but we can only blame Theresa May for this debacle by calling a General Election.

Just stop buying german cars and prosecco for a few months, the EU will soon come round to our way of thinking.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->

I agree with SG and her post
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Just stop buying german cars and prosecco for a few months, the EU will soon come round to our way of thinking.
I don't buy German cars (too dear) or Prosecco but I do like the odd bottle of Chianti. I have no issues with the Italians as they too are sorely abused by the EU dictatorship and their wines are better than French plonk and German bottles of vinegar.

Page 9 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top