Join for free
Page 160 of 190 « First < 60 110 150 158 159 160 161 162 170 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 06:19 PM

Re: Bob's Bits.

There are only three ways out of the village by car if you exclude the closed railway bridge. [Due to be closed to vehicles for at least six months] and this is one of them.....

There are many ways out of the village on foot though, and this is the one I used this morning after dropping off my prescription at the surgery....

I couldn't resist taking a photo of this beautiful weeping willow in the cemetery, one of the first signs of spring.

One of the many housing projects going on in South Yorkshire.....What I want to know is: Where are all the people coming from to fill the houses? And the roads around here are already gridlocked in the morning and evenings, like we need another thousand vehicles....

Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 06:21 PM

Did you swim Foxy?
Lovely photo.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 06:21 PM

Sorry just saw the other pic.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 06:24 PM

My! you are enthusiastic today Sweetie, or should I say 'Eager'....And yes I do like swimming Sweetie, especially skinny dipping.....would you like to see some photos?...x
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

21-03-2019, 08:04 AM

Off to walk with Nigel Farage on his Doncaster section.....Somebody's got to stand up for what they believe in.... This is war!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

22-03-2019, 12:43 PM

Arrived at Ackworth for the start of stage six of the march for Brexit 'Leave Means Leave' campaign. Quite a few people had already arrived including a small party (about six) of remain supporters. The discussions were kept civil and in good humour. By the time the speeches and safety advice were concluded about one hundred marches led off down the road towards North Elmsall. I must point out that to avoid trouble the walks were deliberately kept low key prior to the start, and departure time and location were only announced on twitter the night before, although all were welcome to attend the march.

This was my first demo march, but it might not be my last, I've always enjoyed a good walk and Ackworth was where I delivered the post, so familiar and nostalgic...

By the time we left Ackworth we were spread out along the first hill, sweeper busses were available for retirees or less able walkers to have a rest between checkpoints. Several professional cameramen were darting up and down the road but there seems to have been a total blackout on the major news channels, especially the BBC. It makes you wonder what else they are failing to report on their very selective programs....

The sun shone down on us as we entered Doncaster after a cloudy and overcast sky has accompanied us for most of the way, but no rain fortunately and quite warm for the time of year. The support was fantastic as we entered Doncaster with horns blowing from happy smiling drivers and many people swelling the ranks and walking the last mile into the town centre. South Yorkshire overwhelmingly voted for Brexit, it's a pity the current labour MP decided to ignore the wishes of the people and push to remain in the EU. I'm hoping people will realise just how ignorant our current stock of MP's are and vote them out at the next general election...

It was quite emotional as we made our way into the town centre as people who were unable to join us through work commitments or disability thanked us for standing up and marching for them . Interesting seeing many young people joining the march and displaying banners, not the impression you get from the media....

Fifteen miles covered with just one mile left for me to the place where I left my car. A most enjoyable walk with some very friendly people, not at all like the thugs and pensioners described elsewhere on the forum, just honest to goodness working class folk who don't want to be governed by Brussels and pay the exorbitant rates just for the privilege of doing business with our European friends.....Just Why?

Still no mention on the BBC local news of an important day in Doncasters history, If it had been 'Gay Pride' It would have been all over the news....
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 01:23 PM

Great pictures, I've only just found this thread.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 01:33 PM

Well done Bob!

Great pics but I was hoping to see one of you with Nigel
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 01:40 PM

Good on yer Bob for doing this Marches, like petitions make no difference at all but they are certainly very important and show that working class people are standing up for what is right.

That looks like Ed Balls in the second photo?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

22-03-2019, 03:26 PM

Oh WOW Foxy, I am so proud of you.
Fantastic photos and well done you.

Page 160 of 190 « First < 60 110 150 158 159 160 161 162 170 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top