Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2010, 10:03 PM

Re: Meditation / Yoga

Originally Posted by Azz ->
I'm the same Mags - think that just means we need it most

Welcome back btw!
I think I'm a hopeless case Azz!

Thanks for the WB!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2010, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I think I'm a hopeless case Azz!
You and me both then
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2010, 07:12 PM

Getting a bit nervous now, going to start these 'Yoga for the over 50s' classes in a few weeks. Bought a couple of cheap tops and some leggings for it today, I look like a horrible stick insect! I am really nervous of meeting new people and this empyting your mind lark that OG mentions, I know I won't be able to to that part.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2010, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by maryl ->
Getting a bit nervous now, going to start these 'Yoga for the over 50s' classes in a few weeks. Bought a couple of cheap tops and some leggings for it today, I look like a horrible stick insect! I am really nervous of meeting new people and this empyting your mind lark that OG mentions, I know I won't be able to to that part.
I expect there will be other newbies there also, Mary ...... and I expect they are all thinking the same as you

You'll be fine, I'm sure ....... but if you do discover the secret of emptying your mind, please can you let me know the secret?!
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2010, 09:08 PM

I know Mags .... you're right. I took my little grand daughter to her first Brownie meeting last night and she wasn't a bit scared - kids eh? No matter how frightened I get I will go, it's something I'd love to have a go at. Will let you know how the empty mind (or not) goes.
maryl
UK

28-09-2010, 02:13 PM

Went to my first ever yoga session this morning and absolutely loved it! No difficulty with the positions etc, except for not breathing in/out in the right places. A nice group of people, met someone I worked with 43 years ago when we were shorthand typists. The 'relaxing' parts will become easier with time I'm sure. Wrote down most of what I could remember when I got home and intend to practice most days. Whoopee, I did it!
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2010, 02:59 PM

Well done!!!. It`s not a competition and the breathing will come in time. For the first few sesions you may be playing `catch up`ie looking at the teacher for the pose.

Once that stage passes you can concentrate on the breath. And remember NEVER force a pose-it takes time
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

28-09-2010, 03:10 PM

Well done Mary! So pleased it all went well for you and all your pre-yoga worrying was for nothing!

What a coincidence meeting someone you knew from all those years ago, too ....... that would certainly help to break the ice!

Needless to say you are looking forward to your next lesson now!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2010, 03:13 PM

Nice one Maryl!

Glad it went well for you - and please do keep us posted!
maryl
UK

28-09-2010, 04:59 PM

Thanks friends, it really was wonderful there. I received a call from them about an hour ago because I'd left my specs behind - doh!

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top