Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2010, 10:08 PM

Re: Meditation / Yoga

Well done Maryl....so pleased all went well and you enjoyed it.......
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2010, 02:14 PM

Had my third yoga lesson this morning, I am enjoying this. I find the positions easy because I'm very flexible but am wondering if I'm getting the full benefit physically because the tutor says things like 'you should be able to feel your back/legs/whatever stretching' and I can't.
Anyway, the end of the lesson is relaxation, flat on the floor, eyes closed and she talked us through a quiet walk and a sit down on our local beach. This is what I 'knew' I would fail at, that instead I would be working out the shopping list or what jobs I had to do today. I said to myself, sod it I am not falling for that rubbish! So (in my mind) I purposely went for a stroll in our woods instead. The tutor is good at her job, I was in the woods with my dogs, they were playing around me, the sun was warm, the smell of the grass and trees, Murphy and Bobby bounding around, tails wagging, their happy faces, in full health. It was too much for me, I miss them, so I gently let that go or I would have been in tears there. Never in all my born days did I believe I'd fall for it and I did. It's not called relaxation, it's something beginning with 'I' which I can't remember.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2010, 04:58 PM

Wow - sounds like you're a pro already Maryl!!

Glad it's all going well for you, keep us posted!
(ps I don't know what that relaxation thing is called either lol)
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2010, 06:56 PM

I'm glad you're enjoying the yoga, Mary
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2010, 08:58 PM

So pleased you're enjoying it Mary....
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2010, 12:30 PM

Can`t feel the stretch?-then carefully go half an inch more? but go easy it`s a fine line between not going further enough and too far-be patient!!

As to relaxation-never say I did not warn you. It takes a long time-it took me three months to clear my head of all the stuff going on in there.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2010, 07:06 PM

Thanks OG, good advice I was hoping you'd reply. I'll try that, a little at a time at home this week. On the relaxation, I hope that will come in time.
maryl
UK

10-11-2010, 05:13 PM

Well the yoga is coming along steadily and I love it, we practised the Warrior yesterday amongst other things. I would like to see OG do this after a few bevvies, balance is everything! That is something I thought I had, seems not as I was the only one out of the twelve of us who had to stand near the wall in case I toppled over. Very flexible, can do everything she asks easily but balance - no. She said it was important because balancing uses the fine muscles we don't often use and good balance can prevent us from falling over in our older years - yikes!
maryl
UK

10-11-2010, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by maryl ->
It's not called relaxation, it's something beginning with 'I' which I can't remember.
It is called 'visualisation'
maryl
UK

25-01-2011, 02:05 PM

We returned to our over 50s yoga lessons today after the five week christmas break. Most of the previous people were there along with a couple of new ones. Was I happy to be back! OG is right, I pushed myself a little further and felt the stretch and didn't need to look at the teacher most of the time. As for the visualisation, where we all lay on the floor at the end while she reads us a thoughtful passage - hopeless - my mind was doing the shopping list. I wish I'd learnt all this years ago, I feel I have more 'up and go' today than for ages.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top