Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 08:24 PM

Digital doodles

gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 08:26 PM

Re: Digital doodles

I have a contract ready Mart!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 09:11 PM

Very good Mart do they take long to make....
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Very good Mart do they take long to make....
They are very easy to make but can take a while to do. This is only because there are so many effects in the program to choose from ..and there are variations of those effects. Lots of levels and transparencies to play around with. I sometimes put one effect on top of another.

The pictures above all start off as straight photographs. It's pictures like the the one below that take more doing because they are drawn line by line before any textures are added:

Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 09:32 PM

wow I love these Mart. What software do you use? I love to make computer graphics but I've not done anything like this! Brilliant, I need to get into this.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

27-07-2018, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
wow I love these Mart. What software do you use? I love to make computer graphics but I've not done anything like this! Brilliant, I need to get into this.
It's a program called Painnt (not 'Paint' that comes with Windows), available from the Windows Store. There is a free version but to get all the features it has to be paid for. There's another program called SuperPhoto that is similar but it doesn't have so many controls.

To draw shapes or pictures from scratch takes more learning and time. A drawing program such as Xara Photo and Graphic Designer or Inkscape is needed for this.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 09:49 PM

Excellent Mart. I am impressed.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
It's a program called Painnt (not 'Paint' that comes with Windows), available from the Windows Store. There is a free version but to get all the features it has to be paid for. There's another program called SuperPhoto that is similar but it doesn't have so many controls.

To draw shapes or pictures from scratch takes more learning and time. A drawing program such as Xara Photo and Graphic Designer or Inkscape is needed for this.
Sounds complicated, wish I could come and watch you at work!! I really love your work
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

27-07-2018, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Sounds complicated, wish I could come and watch you at work!! I really love your work
Thanks. It's not so bad once you start and have a go. It's the program that does much of the work ..especially if using a photo as a basis.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2018, 07:14 AM

Woweee!!!
I really like all of those Mart especially effective is the screw one...very surreal!
My eldest son is a very talented artist and im sure he would love something like this ..the majority of his art is done by hand the traditional way.
I love playing about with photos and various effects but this program looks different to anything ive used before.
Do post more as I love browsing image threads

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top