Join for free
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 05:51 AM

MY iPod Shuffle

There's a story behind this one:

At around 2010 I began moving away from mp3 players to simply having music on my phone. I liked the Shuffle, though, as it was tiny and I could take it anywhere. I can't begin to tell you how many phones I've had since 2010.

Then, at the end of 2013, I got a Chromebook which meant that I could no longer switch out music on the device and effectively it was orphaned with its 250 songs. This didn't bother me, though, as I loved each and every song on it. Some whole albums, some random songs and playlists - top 200 songs, top 100, top 25 etc. These continued to change as I listened to the player but only amongst the songs on the device itself.

Then, about a year ago, I got a MacBook which meant I could use iTunes again and swap out songs on the Shuffle. The things is, I never got round to it, being happy with the songs on it. So it's effectively a player from the last time I synced it (December 2013).

These days I'm all about Bluetooth and dynamic playlists and am used to many times the storage of the 2GB Shuffle. I still have 1 set of really good in-ear earphones which sound excellent so now and again I'll have a listen to it. Its battery life is stellar - probably because I haven't used it much in its 8 year lifetime.

I even have a playlist on my Google Play Music entitled iPod Shuffle so I can listen to it anywhere. The battery will eventually die on the Shuffle (still, 8 years is pretty good). It's probably the best £40 I've ever spent on a gadget.

These are the earphones I use with it - my last set of wired 'phones ever.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dunu-Titan1.../dp/B00RBOQ9US
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 06:11 AM

Re: MY iPod Shuffle

I've had a shuffle since 2004 or 5. I think I've had three. The first and second ones had great quality audio, but the last one sounds a bit tinny in comparison. It looks a bit like yours Ffosse. It's a pity Apple are compromising on something so crucial. The Itunes system is also very cumbersome. It's such a hassle updating the pod and I don't know what it's like now but you had to go through a whole ritual of complexity if you changed laptop. Of course they wanted to focus on people using the phones as that's their main moneyspinner. But the pods were really convenient and used far less power than a phone. Trying to get decent earphones was always a challenge. I ended up with Sennheiser.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 06:17 AM

Double post.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

14-11-2018, 06:23 AM

True, I don't use iTunes as it's such a cumbersome mess. I prefer using Google Play Music from my phone as it's a lot easier.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top