Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 11:12 PM

Who would be in Retail Trade?

The number of goods returned these days is very high and Stores have to employ staff just to give refunds, often returned post free, in poor condition. No wonder they increase the costs of their goods.

I know a family who orders fashions and wears them to a party and then sends them back. That is just not Cricket!
I understand the big Stores sell them off cheap in large quantities to Market Men who also sell on Ebay.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 11:20 PM

Re: Who would be in Retail Trade?

Originally Posted by Azure ->
The number of goods returned these days is very high and Stores have to employ staff just to give refunds, often returned post free, in poor condition. No wonder they increase the costs of their goods.

I know a family who orders fashions and wears them to a party and then sends them back. That is just not Cricket!
I understand the big Stores sell them off cheap in large quantities to Market Men who also sell on Ebay.
Azure, When leather jackets were the fashion, l bought one via mail order. I was disgusted to find snotty paper tissues in the pocket! Yuk!
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
When leather jackets were the fashion, l bought one via mail order. I was disgusted to find snotty paper tissues in the pocket! Yuk!
Really disgusting Artangel you should have complained.
Some stores need a photo for evidence.

Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
Really disgusting Artangel you should have complained.
Some stores need a photo for evidence.

I did complain and they apologised.
l didn’t get a leather jacket as it didn’t suit me anyway! I looked like a biker!
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 09:15 AM

Working in retail can be difficult , i know i did it for 35yrs. Its low paid and kills your feet . Always minimum wage , and working bank holidays . I did them all . Im always respectful and polite to shop staff because i understand .

I worked in a catalogue shop for a few years , all the stock was returnes to catalogues , sold at less than half price , fantastic stuff and bargains . One day a customer was trying on a leather jacket and pulled out a £20 note from the pocket . Demanding as she found it it was hers , my boss said no way its my coat and im having it , the customer was furious and left cussing us .

Working in a shoe shop it was 2 minutes to closing , i walked to the door to lock up and two customers tried to come in , i apologised that we were closing , cashed up and went home later . The next day i was called up to the boss the customers had reported me for being rude and not letting them in . Other staff were questioned and in the end it was decided id not been rude and disrespectful.

Yes people do try and return worn and used goods and are unpleasant when refused.
Shoplifting is another huge thing , they are extremely clever and sometimes those who steal you would never believe are well dressed and look respectful
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 02:42 PM

Naughtiest thing I ever did was ...

Bought an electric blanket, couple of years later bought an identical blanket from the same shop. Then first blanket packs up and used the receipt from second blanket to get it replaced.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

18-01-2019, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I did complain and they apologised.
l didn’t get a leather jacket as it didn’t suit me anyway! I looked like a biker!
Artangel.
Biker Jackets seem to be in fashion now. Men have always worn them even if they were not 'Hells Angels'
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

18-01-2019, 10:48 PM

Yes, susan m Some aristocrats and Celebrities think they should not have to pay for any goods and take what they like hoping not to get caught. It is hard work being a Shop Assistant and now some Stores expect to have a degree if they employ you.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 11:51 PM

Shop workers have a tougher time than Accountants.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 10:05 AM

Working in a huge old building we had a lift that would start up on its own , i told the girl working with me the building was haunted , she refused to go up in it alone , i took pity on her and said its ok youll be safe with me ........

Arriving at the top of the building i crept out first pretending to be scared of the ghost as she followed me i took her deeper into a gloomy room and then i turned towards her screaming with eyes wide , she screamed and ran like hell back to the lift .

I know i was naughty but her face was a picture .

After all youve got to have some fun when working in retail so many of the public are grim faced and miserable

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top