Join for free
Page 11 of 13 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2019, 02:24 PM

Re: Where you live.

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Although I like to travel Joe, if I had to spend the rest of my life in Yorkshire you wouldn't hear me complain...
There is everything here that I could possibly want from mother nature...

Mountains, Valleys, secluded rivers complete with waterfalls, high cliffs with screeching gulls, beaches that stretch for miles, forests and woods, rocky outcrops ideal to sit and contemplate what life is all about while eating your corned beef sandwich and drinking tea from a flask....
Whatever your outdoor needs, you will find them somewhere in Yorkshire.....

??? Matey, the UK, doesn't have mountains, it has mole hills, - you want mountains - try here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tatra_Mountains
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2019, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
??? Matey, the UK, doesn't have mountains, it has mole hills, - you want mountains - try here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tatra_Mountains
Too big for me these days Joe......
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2019, 09:22 PM

I like mole hills.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2019, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I like mole hills.
And UJ is good at making mountains out of them......
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2019, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I like mole hills.
Originally Posted by fender ->
And UJ is good at making mountains out of them......
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2019, 10:02 PM

I once lived in the heart of Liverpool - as a kid would walk downhill to the Pierhead - the city was very safe then - could catch a tram and for one penny be in the country side in 20 mins picking blackberries!

then moved to a small village in cheshire for my teen years - seemed to be a bit boring but safe and friendly and plenty of girls - a couple nearly caught me!

then hampshire to a smallish town with the largest quantity of pubs in the county - continued my final teen years and got married - good life until the late seventies when the schools started getting a bit violent

took off for Hong Kong - what a city but very safe and had a ball

back to UK for a while and all seemed reasonable and nearly stayed but the travel bug had caught us and OZ beckoned - lived on the outskirts of a state city - safe and friendly and finally to the top end the Kimberleys and now live in a forest on 8 acres with a town 3 mins away with two supermarkets - one chemist that isn't open on a sunday - half the popn is Aboriginal and very friendly - the sunsets are magic and the mornings a cool 22C! with nice desert breezes. Son lives 200kms down the road which can be reached in 2 hrs if you can successfully avoid the kangas and the cows!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2019, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
I once lived in the heart of Liverpool - as a kid would walk downhill to the Pierhead - the city was very safe then - could catch a tram and for one penny be in the country side in 20 mins picking blackberries!

then moved to a small village in cheshire for my teen years - seemed to be a bit boring but safe and friendly and plenty of girls - a couple nearly caught me!

then hampshire to a smallish town with the largest quantity of pubs in the county - continued my final teen years and got married - good life until the late seventies when the schools started getting a bit violent

back to UK for a while and all seemed reasonable and nearly stayed but the travel bug had caught us and OZ beckoned - lived on the outskirts of a state city - safe and friendly and finally to the top end the Kimberleys and now live in a forest on 8 acres with a town 3 mins away with two supermarkets - one chemist that isn't open on a sunday - half the popn is Aboriginal and very friendly - the sunsets are magic and the mornings a cool 22C! with nice desert breezes. Son lives 200kms down the road which can be reached in 2 hrs if you can successfully avoid the kangas and the cows!
Sounds like you are very happy Gummy.
PS you forgot the hardware store.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2019, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Sounds like you are very happy Gummy.
PS you forgot the hardware store.
the hardware store has changed hands and is not the haven of rest it once was! - there are two hardware stores in fact and we use the other one now! - there is also one bank with limited hrs and three pubs - all with accommodation and one police station ! and a partridge in a pear tree!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2019, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->

Sounds idyllic...I'll be honest if hubby would have I would have emigrated ....Canada was my place of choice but to be fair I have never visited Aus...I have pals in Melbourne and Brisbane though and they love it there.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2019, 01:05 PM

I think I have the best of all worlds. I have services, a shopping mall a block away, Wollongong CBD is only a 20 minutes drive (not that I ever go there) Sydney is an hour away.

Beaches, the Pacific Ocean, a lake, escarpment and unspoilt bush are minutes away yet I can walk two blocks to the Leagues Club for cheap drinks and meals but there are a variety of restaurants and fast food places close by as well.

...and the climate is good too, I spend 10 months of the year in shorts and T shirt. Perfect!

Page 11 of 13 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top