Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 10:44 PM

Question Time

I see that the BBC are blowing their own trumpet as usual with the alleged success of Fiona Bruce taking over from Dumbledore Dimbleby on the revamp of Question Time.

Different presenter, same BBC bias. She let the awful Emily Thornberry ramble on while ignoring other panel members trying to get a word in edgewise even at one point ignoring Tory MP James Cleverly while he was trying to rebut Thornberry's claims and cutting him down when he finally managed to speak. And why the bloody hell was Nish Kumar on the panel yet again? Do we really need left-wing `comedians` filling out the panel?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 11:08 PM

Re: Question Time

Folks probably need more sleep.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I see that the BBC are blowing their own trumpet as usual with the alleged success of Fiona Bruce taking over from Dumbledore Dimbleby on the revamp of Question Time.

Different presenter, same BBC bias. She let the awful Emily Thornberry ramble on while ignoring other panel members trying to get a word in edgewise even at one point ignoring Tory MP James Cleverly while he was trying to rebut Thornberry's claims and cutting him down when he finally managed to speak. And why the bloody hell was Nish Kumar on the panel yet again? Do we really need left-wing `comedians` filling out the panel?
Mate,

If it's anything remotely political, the beeb are not worth a carrot, no matter who's the presenter.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Mate,

If it's anything remotely political, the beeb are not worth a carrot, no matter who's the presenter.
Aye, but I thought I'd give the girl a chance but after sitting through the Brexit `debate`, I turned it off and won't be watching it again. No doubt Diane Flabbott and some other losers will be on so for the sake of my blood pressure I've done with it.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 12:43 AM

Watched the first 20 mins and then shut it off. As you say, the same old stuff churned out with priority given to the left, and comedians who contribute nothing.
BBC would have been better axing the programme after Dimbleby went, as if the viewing figures drop the blame will lie on Fiona Bruce's shoulders, and I don't think that will be the reason. I did quite like her presentation, but obviously directed by others.
Not for myself any longer either.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 12:57 PM

I stopped watching QT some time ago, when they started inviting lefty celebs on. I like Fiona Bruce, I think she is an intelligent presenter but I guessed she would not do so well on this biased show.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 01:02 PM

I don't know what her politics are I have always thought she was fairly neutral but she can only work with what she has in front of her. Also she has to do what her bosses tell her or she wouldn't keep her job. So I don't blame her at all, however BBC is biased in many ways. Pro EU pro immigration, etc.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I don't know what her politics are I have always thought she was fairly neutral but she can only work with what she has in front of her. Also she has to do what her bosses tell her or she wouldn't keep her job. So I don't blame her at all, however BBC is biased in many ways. Pro EU pro immigration, etc.
I don't think anyone would blame her personally. As you say, she is only doing what she is told to do.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 04:50 PM

I like Fiona Bruce and while I think she did a reasonable job on 'Question Time' I did think she was slow to intervene at times
If that happens regularly some panellists will not get a fair chance to speak while some will dominate the whole show.

It was her first programme so I will make allowances for that and hope she improves with time.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 04:58 PM

Hi

She can do no wrong for me.

She is gorgeous.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top