Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 03:30 PM

Re: Life on Earth

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I like the theory that we are all made from stardust - can't just remember who started that one.
There is also the theory ( god MADE man in his image )
That God built us here , a kind of genetic enhancement from the ape like creatures they found on earth ..... kind of helped evolution along if you like .... that we are in reality not of this earth ..... throw in Jesus , virgin birth and son of god ...
That could be rewrote as artificial insemination of alien( god) and human ( Mary ) .... so things aren’t as daft as they first sound ... I could go on with angels ..( messengers of the gods that flew from the heavens ) so delete little winged beings as often depicted since the artist had never seen an angel but had to paint a small being that flew from above ( gods heaven ) but could this not simply be small alien in small spaceship ?

What a can of worms !!!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 03:42 PM

I believe in Buffy .....

"In every generation, there is a chosen one. She alone shall stand against the vampires, demons, and forces of darkness. She is the Slayer."
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
I believe in Buffy .....

"In every generation, there is a chosen one. She alone shall stand against the vampires, demons, and forces of darkness. She is the Slayer."
Well she certainly isn’t English as we can’t even stand against the Eu
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 05:00 PM

Don't worry Bruce Willis and Clint Eastwood will save us from destruction.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
No Moon? What about ocean tides?

Much of civilisation developed in countries close by the Mediterranean Sea which I read doesn't have tides.
Supposedly caught the Romans out in 55BC.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 07:18 PM

Always wondered how precise and coincidental the factors must have been for the Moon to end up with the perfect Orbital Velocity required to keep it in orbit and not crashing back down to Earth.

It's interesting that this relatively tiny body is able to exert gravitational force on our Earth to make the tides happen, and yet the Earth, which is massively bigger than the Moon, doesn't have the gravitational pull to see the Moon crash into us. Figure that one out !

The answer will be that the Moon is magically travelling at a fast enough speed that it balances the Earth's gravity and so stays in orbit.

But how could that perfect orbital speed have been achieved in the first place?

If the Moon were an initial part of the Earth and was flung out into space then how come it didn't just keep on travelling into space? If it had enough velocity to escape Earth's gravitational pull then why didn't it keep on going?

Alternatively if the Moon was created by Earth colliding with another planet or huge body then again it would have been flung out. Why didn't it keep on going?

I think the precision needed for any body to remain in orbit is quite significant. The Space Station (ISS) has to maintain such an orbit and so has to constantly maintain a very specific speed relative to its distance from Earth.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top