Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 08:56 AM

Re: Advice needed, please.

Originally Posted by summer ->
I got my android free but I'm locked into a £15 per month unlimited phone calls and data through Car phone Warehouse....don't all start telling me I was seen off now...it suits me ...no hassle.

That’s a fair enough ( good ) deal , unlimited everything sim only is usually £15 month and you are happy enough with your NEW phone so I’d call it a good result

I’m paying £43 month for my deal ( but I’m happy with it )

These are often good for deals

https://www.fonehouse.co.uk/best-mob...SAAEgKNWPD_BwE
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 09:22 AM

The reason I said I did not want a contract is that I don't use the 'phone enough to warrant it. I put £20 credit on this old thing about two years ago - and there is still £8 left!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Tabs,

I've messaged you..
Thank you, Fender, will go and reply.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
The reason I said I did not want a contract is that I don't use the 'phone enough to warrant it. I put £20 credit on this old thing about two years ago - and there is still £8 left!
I'm in the same boat. I do all my computing and internet surfing with . . . . a computer !

So my phone usage is very low. I use that 1pMobile sim and top up the min £10 every 4 months, so just £30 a year. I never get through £10's worth of calls/texts in any 4 month period so my balance just keeps going up.
Luckily the money is never lost it just stays in the account.

I find it amazing how people manage to spend £100s a year on mobile telephony plus £100s more on constant new smart phones. And people complain that the rich get richer and poor get poorer !! Go figure !
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 01:11 PM

Will I be able to keep the same number?

Will my contact details transfer over to a new one?
You should be able to, here the number belongs to you but I don't know about the UK.

If you have a Google/Gmail account and have turned on the back up facility when you first log in it will ask you if you want to download all the info saved.

Otherwise you can 'export' the contact list save it on the mini sd card and load it (import) from there to the new phone.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

27-01-2019, 08:02 AM

Thanks Bruce.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 09:28 AM

That's a perfectly valid reason. I do a lot more on my phone but still am on PAYG. I don't think contracts are worth it these days.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top