Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 02:57 AM

Re: Any Reiki Practitioners Here?

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I used to make Raku pottery many years ago. Does that count?

It involved a lot of praying to ensure the clay didn't crack or explode in the kiln.
No but it’s more interesting than some other posts
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by mups;1627485

[b
them not being able to find answers does not mean there are no answers. It just means they haven't been able to find them yet.

I do not intend to enter into a so-called 'debate' either, i have no need to, and why would i want every word dismantled, dissected and picked over?
That sort of behaviour puts others off posting, who might have made a valuable contribution otherwise.

Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 10:03 AM

I've not had reiki myself nor am I a practitioner but a friend of ours a few years ago did reiki on our late Molliepops retriever, now as she was a clever but not genius dog I doubt she knew exactly what was going on. The result was interesting though as I think it did help her, she had a definite improvement after each treatment and after 4 sessions we really noticed an improvement. So for me that proved it can work.
For same reason I also believe acupuncture and acupressure can work too. If it works on an animal that has no preconceptions or expectations then IMO it works.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 11:00 AM

Not everything in life needs to be explained or understood by humans
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Since we've been discussing (or trying to) the power of prayer in another thread I wondered whether anyone on here is actively engaged in Reiki.

If so I'd be interested to understand your thought processes and understanding of the practice.

I will say up front that I find the whole thing somewhat dubious and possibly dangerous so if you want to convince me otherwise then now's your chance.
What? No political statement? No conspiracy theory blaming the government, Big Pharma (your fave blamees) or big business?
I am disappointed
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 01:30 PM

My friend who does the reiki never charges or asks for a penny or donation , she loves to give her time to those in need , she does believe in the treatment and never intends to profit financially . If those who go to her enjoy the quiet time and feel better for it then that has to be good . My feelings and thoughts about the subject really do not matter .

Some practitioners charge astronomical amounts of money and I find that uncomfortable.

My feelings are from my own experiences of reiki as once upon a time I did believe in it but even though I did believe in it I personally never felt any improvement health wise other than the comfort of having time given to me .
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
My friend who does the reiki never charges or asks for a penny or donation , she loves to give her time to those in need , she does believe in the treatment and never intends to profit financially . If those who go to her enjoy the quiet time and feel better for it then that has to be good .

I tend to agree with you Susan, but there is an IF involved.

The IF concerns whether or not the practice is just bunkum which relies on the placebo effort or whether the practice really does use "energies" of some sort.

In the former case, I see no problem with practitioners just creating a nice relaxing environment and essentially helping a person to really just help themselves through positive state of mind, the placebo effect. It's harmless, innocent. Although I think those that charge money for this are questionable.

It is the latter scenario that is of concern. If these people really ARE messing with planetary energies, then how are they managed, how is a customer kept safe, where are the safety standards and science behind the use of those energies?

In days gone by people used to treat and try to cure people with radioactive material like Radium. In fact they manufactured domestic water dispensers that were filled with Radium containing ore. You filled it with water and left it overnight and the radiation was supposed to seep into the water. . . .

Yummmm radioactive water ! Great for health !!

When we consider Reiki and the fact that it may involve the real use of various energies then we surely need to think of it in line with things like Radium Water Dispensers.

Imagine I opened shop today with a revolutionary new disease curing practice called "Wanding"

I have a metal rod which at its tip has a piece of radioactive material and my treatment involves hovering that rod over parts of your body, maybe occasionally touching the skin.

Would you be concerned?

Would you want to ask pertinent questions like:

- Is it safe?
- How do you know it is safe?
- Has it been scientifically examined and proven safe?
- Do you know what the radioactive material is?
- Do you know what the strength of the material is?
- How do you control how much of the radioactivity is actualy emitted?

and so on

If I were unable to answer any of those questions would you be happy to have the treatment? I would hope not.

Reiki claims to involve the channelling of energies whatever they are, but no-one can tell me what those energies are, nor how they are controlled, nor where they come from, nor how they separate one energy from another and so on.

If Reiki practitioners can not answer such questions, should people really be having Reiki treatments?

What if too much energy was channelled?
What if the wrong type of energy was channelled accidentally?
Where are the safety factors?

These are my concerns about Reiki.

I'm not saying whether it works or not nor am I saying it is bunkum or not, it may be, it may not be. What I AM saying is that its practitioners are meddling with energies but seem unable to answer any serious question about those energies. That is surely cause for concern.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 03:35 PM

Come on Realist stop waffling and tell us that you know that these ‘energies’ are a ‘plot’
I am ready for your answer mate

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	63CB3C39-EB79-4C5D-9AEA-71D1483A33D6.jpeg
Views:	64
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	8559  
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 03:54 PM

For the Christians amongst you it seems Reiki is considered an occultist practice. See here:

https://jesustruthdeliverance.com/20...reiki-exposed/

"Reiki is an ancient Tibetan Buddhist healing system
- that's rooted in Pantheistic spirituality. God is viewed
as an impersonal energy source that can be tapped into. . .

Despite its surge of popularity in the West, Reiki is not "safe"; it's witchcraft in the marketplace!"

Christianity pulling no punches there then !
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 04:13 PM

Looks to me as though all your questions can be answered here?

https://www.reiki.org

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top