Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 07:47 PM

Transfer photos from phone to computer

Hi.
I hope someone can help solve a problem I have.

I took some photos on my smartphone today and would like to transfer them to my laptop.

I managed to transfer ten of them through gmail. All ten arrived in my Gmail inbox, as expected.

I then tried (several times) to transfer the last three, but these have not arrived in my Gmail inbox. This was a couple of hours ago.

I can't understand what the problem can be. The laptop is connected to the internet via wifi, and the phone is connected using cellular data (I also tried to connect the phone via wifi).

Why should ten pictures transfer but not the last three?

I also tried to use a usb connection, but in that case I can't find the photos on my phone.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 07:50 PM

Re: Transfer photos from phone to computer

Probably preaching to the choir but when you connect your phone to the laptop you need to look for the DCIM folder to find your pics.

Try re-booting your phone, it could be a glitch.

The way I always do it is via Faceache. I load the pics, through Messenger, into a chat box then pick them up and save them via my computer.

Dropbox also works.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 07:58 PM

Gmail has issues today

Gmail is back online after crashing for users around the world
https://mol.im/a/6644121
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
Probably preaching to the choir but when you connect your phone to the laptop you need to look for the DCIM folder to find your pics.

Try re-booting your phone, it could be a glitch.

The way I always do it is via Faceache. I load the pics, through Messenger, into a chat box then pick them up and save them via my computer.

Dropbox also works.
By God, that was quick! Thank you, Nicol.

I did find my phone on the laptop (in 'This PC) and clicked on DCIM - nothing there, but there is on my phone! I also looked in Photos and Gallery, where I did find all the photos.

Anyway, I have looked again and, THREE HOURS LATER(!), my several attempts to transfer the pictures, they have finally arrived.

Problem sorted, but why should ten pictures transfer instantly, yet a further three took three hours.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
By God, that was quick! Thank you, Nicol.

I did find my phone on the laptop (in 'This PC) and clicked on DCIM - nothing there, but there is on my phone! I also looked in Photos and Gallery, where I did find all the photos.

Anyway, I have looked again and, THREE HOURS LATER(!), my several attempts to transfer the pictures, they have finally arrived.

Problem sorted, but why should ten pictures transfer instantly, yet a further three took three hours.
Adverse weather causes lots of issues, and tech in general is a pain.

Usually I find a reboot fixes most things, that and a good old cache clear

Oh, and a router reboot, just for good measure
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

29-01-2019, 08:28 PM

Adverse weather causes lots of issues, and tech in general is a pain.

Usually I find a reboot fixes most things, that and a good old cache clear

Oh, and a router reboot, just for good measure
I can agree with that!

Still, it has worked now - for some reason! Next time I could try rebooting and clearing the cache (on both units).
Nicol
South east of England

29-01-2019, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I can agree with that!

Still, it has worked now - for some reason! Next time I could try rebooting and clearing the cache (on both units).
You know what they say JBR, if all else fails, hit it with an 'ammer.

If that doesn't work...hit it with a bigger one
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

29-01-2019, 08:35 PM

You know what they say JBR, if all else fails, hit it with an 'ammer.

If that doesn't work...hit it with a bigger one
Better: I'll get Marge to sit on it!
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 09:13 PM

So, where's the photos
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

29-01-2019, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
So, where's the photos
There are 13 of them. I'm not sure whether I can post them all. What do you think?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top