Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2019, 10:46 AM

Re: It’s Bits Of Meat, That...

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Art, this was our Cat called billy.

One day I put 4 slices of bread on top of the garage roof for the birds, Billy got up there, picked up all 4 slices without breaking any of them, brought them down, arranged them in a line outside our back door and waited for the birds to come down, but the Birds knew what he was up to.
Gosh Susie, Billy must have been a very intelligent cat. Was he like the Whiskas cat who ate his food out of the tin, with his paw?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2019, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I miss Floyd running off with my slippers when I got home, now Dolly's started doing it!
TessA, My poodle Marty used to do that. He would look at me as if he was smiling, then pick the shoe or slipper up and run off!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

17-02-2019, 10:55 AM

Sorry, Bratti but my iPad changed your name to ‘Beattie’ and l didn’t notice until it was too late. Yet it always spells ‘TessA’ out, straight away!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

17-02-2019, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I miss every one of them for different reasons.

I miss my Pips, (Lurcher), who was my constant companion in the car.

I miss my Biff & his father, Elmo (GSD's) for laying next to my bed every night of their life and never, ever failing to look out me.

I miss the total loyalty of all my past GSD's for the 30 years I shared with them.

I miss my little old rescue, Shep, (Goldie x Collie) who repayed me a thousand times for saving him from being shot by a vile imbecile owner.

I have got loads of puppy milk teeth, to remember many of them by, plus their name tags from collars.

I even still have a brush from my old pony who had to be PTS back in 1974! Sad woman that I am.
Mups, l think it is a dog’s loyalty that melts our hearts. Dogs, never ever take you for granted. They are always there for you.
I have kept their collars, coats and dishes and l have some curls from my poodle but no teeth!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

17-02-2019, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
I.m sure our dog would love that. But we are getting him to lose weight. So, apart from his much reduced diet he gets dried fruit and vegetables, carrots, apples, chicken breast, stuff with few calories.

Think it is working - his collar is now down three notches.
Aim is to get him down from 40kg to 30 kg.
Besoeker, When my Labrador, Cassie got a bit fat, l changed her food to, Burns, High Oats and she got her figure back!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2019, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I miss Floyd running off with my slippers when I got home, now Dolly's started doing it!
One of my previous cats slept with her paws inside my slippers throughout the night.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2019, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Sorry, Bratti but my iPad changed your name to ‘Beattie’ and l didn’t notice until it was too late. Yet it always spells ‘TessA’ out, straight away!
Not a problem. I’ve been called worse I thought it was your dogs name
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2019, 04:32 PM

....reminds me, Just how much l miss my dogs.

They loved the bits of meat l had left over on my plate that l saved for them.
They loved it when l came back from a meal out to sniff and rummage in my handbag for the bits of meat, usually steak that l brought back for them.

Tonight, l have had steak for my dinner and all the fatty and chewy bits are there and they would have loved them.

So l ask, what reminds you of your lost pet...
Art, my heart goes out to you. When the last of my two Labbies died 6 years ago, it took me years to get over the loss.
It's only now that I have my two little boys that I am once again happy and content, although I still miss my darling big boys very much. My heart drops whenever I see a yellow Labrador bounding around when out with their owner, it reminds me so much of my two.

As for tit-bit bits of meat left over from our meals. Yes, indeed, always had to leave the big boys a little something for them off our two plates, they always expected it!
My Labbies, bless em, were like human dustbins, ate anything and everything and never put weight on because of all the exercise they had. I know the experts say we shouldn't do it, but one look at those 2 pairs of eyes as we were eating, just lying there waiting patiently for their treat, we were putty in their paws!!
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2019, 06:20 PM

Gosh Susie, Billy must have been a very intelligent cat. Was he like the Whiskas cat who ate his food out of the tin, with his paw?
Hi Art, Billy was a very clever cat also very vicious, he would attack anyone even us.

He used to set off the Alarms in our House as he got to know how to use every handle on the doors inside the House and every time the Alarms went off the Police would come down, at the end the Police Blacklisted us from them files.

We ended up having to put Bolts on top of the doors so that he couldn't get into the locked rooms.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top