Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2019, 10:07 PM

Re: Warren

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Meg, l don’t suppose, you could watch it somehow? Then you would see how bad it was!
Life it too short Art
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2019, 11:02 PM

Mediocre describes it for me but I'll give the second episode a look next week to see how it is. The situation is perhaps on a par with 'Bad Move' with Jack Dee.

Maybe nobody is going to be endeared to a character that does fly-tipping.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2019, 12:17 AM

Well I must be in the absolute minority who enjoyed it and had a few chuckles! I particularly enjoyed the scene with the 2 sisters talking through the seance with their eyes tightly shut.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2019, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Well I must be in the absolute minority who enjoyed it and had a few chuckles! I particularly enjoyed the scene with the 2 sisters talking through the seance with their eyes tightly shut.
For me, that was the worst part. Who in their right mind pays £60 to attend a psychic session in a pub restaurant where the waitress keeps interrupting? Especially with a 'medium' who was that bad.

I think the programme hasn't decided if it's going to be a lifestyle comedy like Lead Balloon (which was really good), or a serious of spoof pieces like a French and Saunders show.
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2019, 09:12 AM

Hi Art

watched it or tried to watch it

Some bits funny but over all Crap turned it off both me and wife did try but will not be watching any more

Has ability must try harder
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2019, 10:35 AM

I hardly watch any comedy any more because it just isn't funny. I always think the writers try too hard too be funny and it just doesn't work. Plus of course, there are so many things that can't be mentioned these days that I don't suppose they have much to work with. Apparently swearing hasn't been banned yet so they go with that as much as possible. the BBC used to be the best at comedy, now thy are the worst.

I know we all have different ideas about what is and isn't funny but for me, the last funny series was Gavin & Stacey.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top