Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2019, 04:14 PM

Re: March Photo Competition

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I used to have a pen pal who lived there. Sadly she is no longer with us.
I love it there, nice jetty, bakers, chippy, weather is usually good, sorry to hear about your friend
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2019, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by DWebb ->
I love it there, nice jetty, bakers, chippy, weather is usually good, sorry to hear about your friend
It was a fair few years ago now. Her Son let me know.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2019, 04:56 PM

Trossachs

realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2019, 06:01 PM

Colin (Dwebb)

The competition is for a favourite place not favourite places which you have posted

It is a little unfair everyone else has posted just one place.
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2019, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Colin (Dwebb)

The competition is for a favourite place not favourite places which you have posted

Maybe Australia is my favourite place then I will have a think about it and maybe get one deleted, I was thinking you could have a couple of favourite places but if it is one I will change one of them
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2019, 06:50 PM

Colin (Dwebb)

You are wrong Realspeed, I think it quite reasonable for two different photos to show individual favourite places, as I have posted different places too.

May I ask that if you have a problem with the competition in future please approach me with your thoughts by PM first, and then allow me to reply to you before berating other posters for their choices.
Thank you.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2019, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by DWebb ->
Maybe Australia is my favourite place then I will have a think about it and maybe get one deleted, I was thinking you could have a couple of favourite places but if it is one I will change one of them
No worries DWebb, Australia as a favourite place seems quite reasonable to me so as far as I'm concerned there is no need to reassess your choices.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2019, 07:07 PM

Barry
Ok but it is a pity you don't be more specific in your heading. This is where problems occur. I tend to read exactly what is being asked for.
In future i will try and be more liberal in my interpretation of the request

My being so exact stems from owning my own business where contracts have to be very clear so they cannot be anything but what is stated.

In the photographic world this is even more so, if a contact is not crystal clear the photographer can be sued for thousands of pounds
The heading was in bold print a favourite place which I thought was very clear to understand, meaning just one place
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts

01-03-2019, 08:04 PM

Barry
Ok but it is a pity you don't be more specific in your heading. This is where problems occur. I tend to read exactly what is being asked for.
In future i will try and be more liberal in my interpretation of the request

My being so exact stems from owning my own business where contracts have to be very clear so they cannot be anything but what is stated.

In the photographic world this is even more so, if a contact is not crystal clear the photographer can be sued for thousands of pounds
The heading was in bold print a favourite place which I thought was very clear to understand, meaning just one place
Oh do lighten up Realspeed, it's just an amateur photo comp on a friendly forum, and the monthly competition theme has always had scope for wide interpretation. For myself I have many "a favourite place" so have posted shots of two of them. That is my personal interpretation and you are perfectly free to post using yours. Perhaps we should leave it there.
DWebb
North East, UK

01-03-2019, 08:37 PM

Thanks Barry I will leave those two in then, sorry realspeed I was not trying to cause controversy, I suppose as Barry says though it’s just supposed to be a fun competition and no real prize is involved anyway so maybe it does not need to be taken as serious as a contract would be

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top