Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 09:43 AM

Re: Have You Had a Cold this Winter?

I had to really think...have I had a cold?.....nope I don't think I have ...but shush there is time yet

Get well soon Gravitas
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Tessa me too. You have my sympathies.

But all year is a bit much. Perhaps your condensation is too low. Or the other end of the scale is black mould. I really do believe in sick building syndrome.
Three things I can think of Annie, I look after my great grandson who picks up germs at pre-school, there's a quarry very close and my kitchen got flooded, water up the wall turned mouldy.

Choking on phlem and very sore throat today and cough started, my ribs hurt.
I sympathise with Gravitas, I hope he recovers soon.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Three things I can think of Annie, I look after my great grandson who picks up germs at pre-school, there's a quarry very close and my kitchen got flooded, water up the wall turned mouldy.

And you Tess not nice being poorly .....get well soon.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 10:57 AM

I haven't had a cold this winter (so far) and don't often get them. I don't know if this is down to getting the right vitamins or not. My diet is most often a mixture of pre-made supermarket foods but also a good amount of fruit and veg. I keep fairly energetically active but maybe this hasn't got anything to do with it. Perhaps it's just a lucky resistance to colds.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 11:17 AM

In order to loosen mucus (sorry ladies) I'm wonder if a medicine might help. It seems nasal sprays are good?

Any thoughts?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 11:23 AM

Ok Tess darlin' - start the treatment - hot lemon & honey drinks every four hours with a couple of Paracetamol. These will make hot and you will 'glow' - that's good - its supposed to do this. Last thing at night hot drink again with a couple of paracetamol and dive under the covers. If, during the night you begin to 'glow' again, DO NOT remove the covers from yourself - all this is designed to help rid you of the virus that is causing your illness.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 11:57 AM

I have been doing that UJ!
I also have Chloraseptic throat spray, nasal spray, Jakemans honey and lemon sweets, lip balm, tcp to gargle with, Vicks to rub on, Olbas Oil. You name it I have taken it, no change.
Went to the Vets for Dolly's flea drops and popped in Sainsbury's, by the time I got home I was boiling.
Going back to bed now
Yes Gravitas, nosel squirts do help.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 12:22 PM

I have been doing that UJ!
I also have Chloraseptic throat spray, nasal spray, Jakemans honey and lemon sweets, lip balm, tcp to gargle with, Vicks to rub on, Olbas Oil. You name it I have taken it, no change.
Went to the Vets for Dolly's flea drops and popped in Sainsbury's, by the time I got home I was boiling.
Going back to bed now
Yes Gravitas, nosel squirts do help.
Sorry You're feeling so ill TessA..You're doing all You can..I would stay warm & cozy in bed drink lots of fluids and wait it out
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 01:22 PM

The thing that is bugging me the most is that my breathing is laboured
when I first lie down. And if (before) I had been nodding off on the sofa, I then feel wide awake.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

06-03-2019, 01:26 PM

Try propping yourself up a bit in bed Gravitas. Also try clearing your lungs by breathing deeply into the bottom of your lungs and coughing on the third breath. I was told to do that years ago when I had bronchial pnuemonia. If it gets too bad go to the docs.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top