Join for free
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2019, 07:53 AM

Sharpe.

A You Tube clip came up when I was on it about something else and a link to Sharpe of about 2 mins so watched it and then a lot more clips also came up about this series

Loved this series from (OMG) 25 years ago.

So went on Pirate Bay and started to down load the Whole series...for nothing:twiste d:
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2019, 08:31 AM

Re: Sharpe.

Originally Posted by galty ->
A You Tube clip came up when I was on it about something else and a link to Sharpe of about 2 mins so watched it and then a lot more clips also came up about this series

Loved this series from (OMG) 25 years ago.

So went on Pirate Bay and started to down load the Whole series...for nothing:twiste d:

AND ??? - They've been running the 'Sharpe' series on the Drame channel every Saturday morning for the past three years - also all for free - just requires you to set up your hard-drive recorder !!!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2019, 08:33 AM

I also loved that series, Galty, and have it all on DVD.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2019, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
AND ??? - They've been running the 'Sharpe' series on the Drame channel every Saturday morning for the past three years - also all for free - just requires you to set up your hard-drive recorder !!!
I don't own a TV.

PS why start your reply with a veiled insult...O of course you are a just bully
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2019, 08:57 AM

I love Sharpe too Galty...Sean Bean was great in it wasn't he....well he is a Yorkshire man
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2019, 09:30 AM

Don’t forget Pete postlethwaite was in the very first series, he played a vile sergeant, a great actor very much missed..
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex

09-03-2019, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Don’t forget Pete postlethwaite was in the very first series, he played a vile sergeant, a great actor very much missed..
He was brillant in it and what a great actor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDnBBSj6JpE
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2019, 11:16 AM

I've just started watching Sean Bean in a new series called Curfew on Sky. Seen a couple of episodes, and it looks very promising. There are a few more familiar faces in it. worth checking out.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex

21-03-2019, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
A nice retort about Postlethwaite by Bean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2MYZoFWWyg
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2019, 08:30 PM

I remember him in 'Brassed Off' - an excellent actor.

Returning to 'Sharpe' - so as not upset Galty again - I think it is a great series, well acted, filmed mostly in the Crimea region. Bernard Cornwell is renowned for his thorough research - which makes his books very interesting and, for once, the TV Film makers have not sacrificed that to sensationalism.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top