Join for free
Page 8 of 29 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 18 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 07:19 AM

Re: Whats Next for Brexit ?

Hi

A couple of points.

The WTO have been talking about services since 1991, nothing is going to change in the next two weeks or even by the end of May's hoped for transition period.

That ship has sailed, it is not coming back.

The EU has much to gain by grabbing the tax from services, and nothing to lose, it is dog eat dog.

Average WTO Tariffs are 4%, but so what?

They are much, much bigger on the bulk of our exports to the EU.

The problem with the backstop is Ireland, we can absolutely decimate Ireland with WTO Tariffs and non Tariff Barriers.

Our useless bunch are not doing so.

My issue is not with Brexit, it is with the sheer incompetence of our Politicians.

We should not be in this position, absolutely no need for it.

I do not believe it is a plot to keep us in the EU, I do believe that it is sheer incompetence by our Politicians.

They have never put the interests of the UK first when we were in the EU, as a man in a suit, it was soul destroying not to have the backing of Politicians.

The French and German Civil Servants had the full backing of their Politicians to get what was best for them, our lot could not be arsed to get the best for us.

I know that I am mocked on here, I can cope with that.

It does not change my views.

I spent years one day a week travelling down to Newbury on an issue, only for Theresa May to write it off and let the French dictate to us.

We should not have had one single illegal arriving across the Channel, she could not give a hoot.

I am no longer involved, but I am aware of what is going on.

She will be selling out our Fisheries, big time.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
That’s fine for us importing goods although low tariffs have the potential to devastate our domestic producers in any category they are applied to

However, other countries won’t reciprocate so our exports to the EU and all those countries where we currently enjoy free trade deals via our EU membership will be less competitive unless the pound devalues further but that then affects the costs of imports

The governments reduced tariff schedule is a band aid to try to avert the imminent disaster if we crash out without a deal and is only intended to last a year or so. Whether it would work or not is debatable

From our initial trade deal discussions with the rest of the world it’s obvious now that we are seen to be in a waleak position and and your I’ll informed and frankly quite laughable notion of notating them all indicates you are falling for all the leave central garbage that out there on the web
Well, no not at all.

Do I have to explain all this to you again ? Rolling our trade deals over is exactly what we are doing.

As for being in a "weak position" we can import from the rest of the world (and the EU) on trade deals that benefit the UK, not French farmers and Germanys manufacturing. How is that not an advantage ?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

A couple of points.

The WTO have been talking about services since 1991, nothing is going to change in the next two weeks or even by the end of May's hoped for transition period.

That ship has sailed, it is not coming back.

The EU has much to gain by grabbing the tax from services, and nothing to lose, it is dog eat dog.

Average WTO Tariffs are 4%, but so what?

They are much, much bigger on the bulk of our exports to the EU.

The problem with the backstop is Ireland, we can absolutely decimate Ireland with WTO Tariffs and non Tariff Barriers.

Our useless bunch are not doing so.

My issue is not with Brexit, it is with the sheer incompetence of our Politicians.

We should not be in this position, absolutely no need for it.

I do not believe it is a plot to keep us in the EU, I do believe that it is sheer incompetence by our Politicians.

They have never put the interests of the UK first when we were in the EU, as a man in a suit, it was soul destroying not to have the backing of Politicians.

The French and German Civil Servants had the full backing of their Politicians to get what was best for them, our lot could not be arsed to get the best for us.

I know that I am mocked on here, I can cope with that.

It does not change my views.

I spent years one day a week travelling down to Newbury on an issue, only for Theresa May to write it off and let the French dictate to us.

We should not have had one single illegal arriving across the Channel, she could not give a hoot.

I am no longer involved, but I am aware of what is going on.

She will be selling out our Fisheries, big time.
Swimmy, myself,l do not ridrcule you,l find your posts interesting & seemingly well. informed. However, what l do find confusing is your professed point of view,which is leave, and your posts, which seem negative and thus anti-brexit. Perhaps you could alter this perception by
being more positive than negative in your posts.
Best regards. Donkeyman.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Swimmy, myself,l do not ridrcule you,l find your posts interesting & seemingly well. informed. However, what l do find confusing is your professed point of view,which is leave, and your posts, which seem negative and thus anti-brexit. Perhaps you could alter this perception by
being more positive than negative in your posts.
Best regards. Donkeyman.
Hi

I cannot bring myself to support our present Government Donkeyman.

I voted Leave, I will still do do.

Being positive about it?

No way.

I was hoping for the best.

This bunch of idiots have made a complete mess of it.

My view is that we have to pay what we owe.

To pay that complete prat Juncker another £18 Billion because we did not get our act in order is so, so, wrong.

We are paying £18 Billion for a 2 year transition without any guarantee at all of getting any deal at all.

I would sack the lot of them if I could.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Well, no not at all.

Do I have to explain all this to you again ? Rolling our trade deals over is exactly what we are doing.

As for being in a "weak position" we can import from the rest of the world (and the EU) on trade deals that benefit the UK, not French farmers and Germanys manufacturing. How is that not an advantage ?
Why do you persist in distorting the truth

Your previous post claimed that our trade deals could be novated. They cannot and it was clear that you had no understanding of what notation was

Both Swimfeeders and I stated that they could be rolled over but as Liam Fox has found out even that is not certain as far from being in s position of strength reality has landed and countries we currently enjoy trade deals with via the EU are making it clear that they have the upper hand

You really need to learn to be honest tell the truth as you persistence in fabricating and twisting facts makes you look like a fool

We currently do import from around the world and as previously stated, Liam Fox has found out that getting even a rudimentary commitment for a trade deal is proving to be a lot harder that lievers have been claiming. Yes Trump ha promises a quick trade deal but Trumps “red lines” are America First and a right of say on our other trade deals and the likelihood that our farmers would not fare well from a deal with the US is high
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
Why do you persist in distorting the truth

Your previous post claimed that our trade deals could be novated. They cannot and it was clear that you had no understanding of what notation was

Both Swimfeeders and I stated that they could be rolled over but as Liam Fox has found out even that is not certain as far from being in s position of strength reality has landed and countries we currently enjoy trade deals with via the EU are making it clear that they have the upper hand

You really need to learn to be honest tell the truth as you persistence in fabricating and twisting facts makes you look like a fool

We currently do import from around the world and as previously stated, Liam Fox has found out that getting even a rudimentary commitment for a trade deal is proving to be a lot harder that lievers have been claiming. Yes Trump ha promises a quick trade deal but Trumps “red lines” are America First and a right of say on our other trade deals and the likelihood that our farmers would not fare well from a deal with the US is high

I really do find your posts funny.

You have no idea how trade works and try and big yourself up by calling people liars.

Keep going we are all having a right laugh at all that ^^ in the office.

Rolling trade deals over is the same as novating them ... just saying
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

19-03-2019, 03:00 PM

Hi

We are now totally in the hands of the EU.

May is writing to them asking for an extension, but she does not know exactly how long for.

We do not even qualify as a Banana Republic now, just an embarrassment.

We do not deserve the prats who run the Country.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 04:20 PM

Apparently the EU is scared if given a long extention to article 50 we will have to take part in the EU elections, then elect an awkward squad and veto the budget or blackmail them

Perhaps they are now realising it was not wise to try to make an example of the UK to deter other member states from trying to leave .
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We are now totally in the hands of the EU.

May is writing to them asking for an extension, but she does not know exactly how long for.

We do not even qualify as a Banana Republic now, just an embarrassment.

We do not deserve the prats who run the Country.
If she gets the two years being mooted, that will bring us very very close to the next General Election.

She's going to have to work very hard if she wants the Brexiteers to give her lot a vote!

The bribes might be worth looking at?

Although she'll probably be long gone by then.

Feel sorry for whoever takes over!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Apparently the EU is scared if given a long extention to article 50 we will have to take part in the EU elections, then elect an awkward squad and veto the budget or blackmail them .
The EU is not worried about that at all because of paragraph 4 of article 50:
***For the purposes of paragraphs 2 and 3, the member of the European Council or of the Council representing the withdrawing Member State shall not participate in the discussions of the European Council or Council or in decisions concerning it.

Page 8 of 29 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 18 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top