Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2019, 01:27 PM

Re: Bercow bollox to Brexit show.

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Bercow, the Remain loving, Labour-supporting pygmy, doesn't know the first meaning of impartiality. He is an utter embarrassment to Parliament. He is like a boil attached to his little throne that refuses to be lanced.

Only yesterday, he caused uproar in the house when he refused to acknowledge an amendment from Brexit supporting MP's to take a Second Referendum off the table forever. This amendment had the backing of over 100 MP's and the signatures from three different parties. but he chose to ignore it. however, he accepted an amendment from Labour Remainer Caroline Flint to call for a second Referendum - with even less backing her amendment.
Apparently, there was uproar, with MP's standing up and as good as telling him he is breaking century old tradition of impartiality and the good of Parliament. Do you think he cares? The little ........50p in the swearbox.
SG it was I think Sarah Wollaston's amendment ...

MPs have voted to reject an amendment which called for a second Brexit referendum.
The amendment was tabled by the Independent Group's Dr Sarah Wollaston, but the Labour party abstained from the vote, saying now wasn't the right time for a second vote.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-pol...34-votes-to-85

Labours Caroline Flint ( pro leave who votes against her own part or abstains) did get up and make a cutting remark to Woolaston
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2019, 01:45 PM

I think "pin head" Yvette Cooper-Balls has a limited career in front of her as well.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2019, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I watched the voting in the HOC last night and did not know whether to laugh or cry.The poison dwarf was calling up amended amendments to amend a previously amended amendment I to amend amendmentH which was to be used to block a previously amended motion.What the hell does all that mean! How do they keep track of all this Whyte?Do these people take themselves seriously?John Cleese could not have done better!How much further can the remainers go with this crap? I am sorry for any typing errors but computer keeps over riding me. Yours in despair. Donkeyman
If this system is the origin of democracy, enviously regarded by other countries (as stated somewhere on this forum), then thank you for evolution with other countries having reached a more understandable form of democracy.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2019, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I think "pin head" Yvette Cooper-Balls has a limited career in front of her as well.
Hi

As you are the biggest poster of out and out lies on here, why should anyone listen to you?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2019, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Thanks UJ for the book recommendation l shall look it up on my Kindle . Donkeyman.
I wouldn't bother if I were you Donkeyman.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2019, 02:43 PM

If anyone is interested in why Donald Tusk, usually such a cool character, was in a really bad mood on the day he blurted out that there was “A special place in Hell waiting for Brexiteers”, perhaps this article may explain it… Article written by Patrick O’Flynn of the Sun newspaper on 11th February 2019.

There is no doubt Donald Tusk, President of the EU Council of Ministers, was feeling very sore when he made his spectacularly undiplomatic outburst against Brexit
campaigners wondering what “special place in hell” lies in wait for us. Tusk is usually a cool character. So while many observers were swept up in the reaction to his remarks, others asked themselves what had brought them about and what the outburst tells us about the pressure on the Brussels high command as Britain’s 29th March leaving date looms.

The trail, fascinatingly, leads back to a plot to stop Brexit, spearheaded by none other than former PM Tony Blair.

EU insiders tell me that Tusk allowed himself to become convinced Brexit was going to be overturned after a plan was constructed between senior Brussels figures and British Pro Remain politicians, led by Blair, that seemed to be working perfectly.

Part of the plan involved Brussels playing hardball in negotiations, so that the deal Theresa May was able to put in front of MPs was profoundly unappetising.

That advice to Brussels was relayed by a stream of pro-Remain visitors from the heart of the British establishment.
One of them, the philosopher AC Grayling, was even caught on camera telling the European Parliament’s Brexit chief, Guy Verhofstadt: “What would help the Remain movement in the UK is if the EU is very, very tough and uncompromising on a deal”.

And so it came to pass, with the EU offering Britain almost no concessions but us being tied to the interminable “Irish Backstop” with no unilateral right of escape.

Indeed, when the Withdrawal Agreement negotiated by Theresa May was defeated by 230 votes in the House of Commons in mid-January, Tusk dropped a public hint that he now thought Britain would stay in the EU, declaring “If a deal is impossible and no-one wants no-deal, then who will finally have the courage to say what the only positive solution is?”

For his part, Mr Blair has been a fierce opponent of Brexit from the off, campaigning against it in the referendum and ever since.

But it was last year that he stepped up his efforts, insisting he believed he could prevent it. He publicly stated in November “Up to the end I am going to do everything I can to stop it”.
In an interview the previous month he gave a clue as to how by using the pro-Remain majority in the Commons to defeat the Government and secure a postponement in our leaving date.

This, in turn, would be used to fight and win a second referendum.
“If you do get to blockage in Parliament that is what opens up the possibility of going back to the people,” said Blair.

It was all going so swimmingly. The trap was meant to spring shut on Brexiteers in a series of Commons votes on January 29th.

The key one was an amendment put forward by Labour’s Yvette Cooper - a one-time protege of Blair’s - and the Tory MP Nick Boles.

It sought to outlaw leaving the EU with no deal and put back the target date for Brexit to the end of the year, leaving time for the Blairite “People’s Vote” campaign to force a second referendum in the autumn.

Given the 230-vote thrashing, May had suffered a fortnight earlier, the Remainers were confident of success.

But that was not how it panned out. Instead, a motion was passed backing the Withdrawal Agreement provided the Irish Backstop was removed.

And the Cooper amendment was defeated by 23 votes, with enough Labour MPs from pro-Leave seats voting against it to counteract the pro-Brussels Tories who supported it.

That result was devastating for Brussels and for Tusk in particular. He had been parroting a line that the UK Parliament must stop saying what it didn’t want and start saying what it did want, confident that May would fail to assemble a majority for anything.

But suddenly she had. And the bid to create space for a second referendum was in ruins.

So now the Brussels high command is in a state of disarray. It had come to believe that by playing hardball would lead to the blocking of Brexit.

Now it fears the result will instead be the UK leaving on WTO terms on the 29th March.

That would reduce the EU’s access to its biggest export market, just as several EU countries are on the verge of recession, put in jeopardy, most of a scheduled £39billion UK divorce payment and leave the Republic of Ireland facing a very difficult time.

If Mrs May can exploit this new dynamic and hold her nerve then there is a very good chance that the Irish backstop will indeed have to be dumped and a more equitable leaving deal agreed.

And there is no doubt in my mind whom Mr Tusk is really angriest with

Not Brexiteers, but the has-beens of the Remain campaign - Blair chief among them - who led him up the garden path..

As he noted coldly in that same press conference on Wednesday “there is no political force and no effective leadership” for a bid to keep the UK in the EU.
Translation - Mr Blair may think he is the Messiah, but to the bigwigs of Brussels he is now just a very naughty boy.

Unquote

So there we were, and here we are, with the No Deal off the table, with a delay to Brexit on the cards and the hopes of Tusk and his tribe plus all Remainers, en-route to getting exactly just that. A second referendum. Talk about de ja vu.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2019, 02:50 PM

Bercow should be thrown in the acid bath along with the very former PM Tony B Liar imo.

The thing is, all of these Gonks have had it so easy in the past, languishing in their own expense scandal led inactiveness. Suddenly, they have been put on the spot and are expected to sort out a few problems but they don't have the collective brain power to do so.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2019, 02:58 PM

[QUOTE=Meg;1661709]SG it was I think Sarah Wollaston's amendment ...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-pol...34-votes-to-85

Labours Caroline Flint ( pro leave who votes against her own part or abstains) did get up and make a cutting remark to Woolaston[/QUOTE

Oops!! My apologies. It was indeed Sarah Woolaston.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

15-03-2019, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Bercow should be thrown in the acid bath along with the very former PM Tony B Liar imo.

The thing is, all of these Gonks have had it so easy in the past, languishing in their own expense scandal led inactiveness. Suddenly, they have been put on the spot and are expected to sort out a few problems but they don't have the collective brain power to do so.
Quite so LD. For over 40 years since we were first dragged into the Common Market, our Parliament have ever since, acted more like a village sub-post office, happily getting away with everything in that London bubble and away from the limelight. Any complaints from constituents was always the convenient "blame it on the EU" and then it was back to the Commons bar before putting more expense slips in.

It is only now that the eyes of the world are on them, that they are flapping around like headless chickens playing follow my leader.

They are all a pathetic, bunch of losers. I wish we could have a General Election tomorrow to rid ourselves of such flotsam.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

15-03-2019, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Quite so LD. For over 40 years since we were first dragged into the Common Market, our Parliament have ever since, acted more like a village sub-post office, happily getting away with everything in that London bubble and away from the limelight. Any complaints from constituents was always the convenient "blame it on the EU" and then it was back to the Commons bar before putting more expense slips in.

It is only now that the eyes of the world are on them, that they are flapping around like headless chickens playing follow my leader.

They are all a pathetic, bunch of losers. I wish we could have a General Election tomorrow to rid ourselves of such flotsam.
I agree shrops, though I would swap 'Losers' for 'Tossers'.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top