Join for free
Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 06:43 PM

Re: Theresa Has Won !

Originally Posted by Bread ->
There isn't much they can do about it other than vote for May's crappy treaty or reverse Brexit.
You mean revoking article 50.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
You mean revoking article 50.

Yep ... that will please you when the EU parliament is full of eurosceptic UK MEPs at the next election. If you thought it was bad before we've got a nice surprise coming your way.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 06:17 AM

Yep ... that will please you when the EU parliament is full of eurosceptic UK MEPs at the next election. If you thought it was bad before we've got a nice surprise coming your way.
Ironically that would be the EU democratic process working for you
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
They'd better be not of farage's calibre. No one listens to someone talking like "een kip zonder kop".
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
Oh ... will they be able to get rid of Tusk, Juncker and Verhofstadt then ?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

19-03-2019, 02:40 PM

Oh ... will they be able to get rid of Tusk, Juncker and Verhofstadt then ?
Frans Timmermans can't wait to step up. Mark Rutte would love to be president of the commission.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

19-03-2019, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Frans Timmermans can't wait to step up. Mark Rutte would love to be president of the commission.

Rutte doesn't have enough money and he's not Belgian

You can watch though if your lucky
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

19-03-2019, 05:13 PM

Rutte doesn't have enough money and he's not Belgian

You can watch though if your lucky
Juncker is not belgian, neither is tusk. Verhofstadt is though.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 05:40 PM

Sorry but can I ask a question again. Ive bee really trying to get my head around this brexit.

I read today that if we cannot get an extension of time from he EU we would be leaving on 29 March with no deal.
How can we leave with no deal when last week a no deal leave was voted against in HoC.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
Sorry but can I ask a question again. Ive bee really trying to get my head around this brexit.

I read today that if we cannot get an extension of time from he EU we would be leaving on 29 March with no deal.
How can we leave with no deal when last week a no deal leave was voted against in HoC.
Hi MC the vote on 'not leaving without a deal'' was just an amendment to a motion it is not law just the opinion of some MPs .
When article 50 was voted on with a majority it became law. It stated we would leave the EU on the 29th of March.
In order to change that law we would need a new law, to revoke article 50 or to pass the withdrawal agreement . If none of these things happen before 29th the default position is we leave the EU on 29 March but I think there would be uproar in parliment which has a majority of MPs who voted remain if that was attempted.

Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top