Join for free
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 05:49 PM

Re: Bercow to make a Statement at 3.30pm

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The No Deal vote was not binding SG.

The default position now is that we leave in two weeks with or without a deal.

That is the law and MPs would have to have a new vote to change the law.
I am not sure about that swimfeeders. Couldn't Article 50 simply be revoked and we don't leave at all. Forget about the whole ridiculous debacle that Brexit has turned out to be.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 05:49 PM

So what next? Bercow says Theresa May will not be allowed to put her agreement through without substantial changes. Something I admit I wouldn't have minded as it is not Brexit, it is Brino, but... it is all that we have left to have Brexit, No Deal is not on the table anymore, the EU will not give an inch with any changes to the agreement, so what next? Brexit is being squeezed from all sides.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
This could actually work in Mays favour signalling to the EU that there must be substantial changes to the withdrawal agreement (ie the backstop) .
Surely if the dwarf is using precedence to block the vote, then when he didn't block the second vote which was the same as the first vote
he then created a new precedent which then sets the new precedence
which should now be followed.
Opinions please.
Donkeyman.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 05:58 PM

I just heard Kate Hoey telling Bercow that he should not allow another vote for leaving with no-deal because it already got rejected on the 29th January when the SNP put it forward.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I am not sure about that swimfeeders. Couldn't Article 50 simply be revoked and we don't leave at all. Forget about the whole ridiculous debacle that Brexit has turned out to be.

They wouldn't dare do that Aerolor. They can act like idiotic planks all they want in the confines of their cosy London bubble where they seem to be more concerned about North London than North of Watford, but to dare officially oppose the democratic vote of the people?? They would be slaughtered at the ballot box, be it next month, next year or in three years time. The bulk of Remain supporting Tories would be finished, and out of office for many years. They would not take such a risk because basically, they are all cowards when it comes to risking their own greedy, self-serving selves, and would not risk the wrath of the people.
Labour Pro-Brussels MP's would face the same.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 06:02 PM

A law from 1604! LOL!!
That just shows you what a forgotten, backward old-fashioned country we are doesn't it?
We'll never get with the times and that's why we're always in such a bloody mess!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

18-03-2019, 06:13 PM

Mmm, just heard on the news that the Solicitor General may have to end Parliamentary Session. Can anyone elaborate as don't have a clue what this means.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 06:16 PM

Can I ask why people are so against Bercow the speaker of the house. When I was unwell last week I watched a lot of HOC brexit debates and he seemed ok.
I dont understand why.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 06:17 PM

There is even mention of prorogation which involves the Queen
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 06:18 PM

Hi

The hard line Brexiteers are supporting Bercow

"Brexiteers welcome ruling

Opponents of the PM's Brexit deal welcomed the Speaker's ruling.

Conservative former cabinet minister Owen Paterson said it was a "game-changer" and would "concentrate minds" ahead of a EU summit on Thursday - at which EU leaders will consider to grant the UK an extension to the Brexit process.

He said the prime minister should make it very clear to her European counterparts that the "law of the land" stated the UK would leave, with or without a deal, on 29 March.

Sir Bill Cash, chairman of the European Scrutiny Committee, said it seemed to make an "enormous amount of sense" given that the Brexit deal has been defeated twice and there would need to be a "substantial difference" to allow a third vote"

We are certainly in new territory now, with only 11 days to go.

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top