Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2015, 04:49 PM

Re: Booze On Planes

I hear some stories from my son , but he is a good bloke and won't allow problems . One group going to Bulgaria I think it was , we're big trouble after getting on the plane , he refused alcohol and they got worse saying they had drugs on them. Son phoned ahead to airport asked for police to be there on landing, police came on plane carrying guns and handcuffs , shifted the group off in handcuffs and took them in for FULL body searches , and we all know what that means ! Seems the group had a right probing at the police station.

I smiled when son said he watched them hauled off the plane with a grin on his face .

Bet he was glad he wasn't on the return flight with them .......eeeeeek!

I don't envy the stewards they have a difficult job nowadays , very little respect for others out there sadly
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2015, 05:43 PM

I remember sitting in the Skyline bar at Heathrow watching pilots knocking back triples and thinking OMW thank goodness I am not on their flight.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/956622.stm
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2015, 06:24 PM

They have banned smoking, okay it clouds the air , but only in the last 15 years or so.
So now ban alcohol , I don"t think 3 drinks on an air craft on a 13 hour flight is going to cause to much harm, I think the crew should use their judgement and say to passengers who have had enough No more ,still if they don"t give out drinks more money for them eh!
But then what do I know ?
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2015, 07:49 PM

Total Ban stop all booze on planes and do not allow any to be carried onto the plane thats what i would do if i had my way. Oh yes and close down all the bars at airports. People won't stop using airlines they still need to travel, ok there will be money lost but just imagine the peace and quiet.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2015, 07:57 PM

I think you are being a Devils advocate here.How often do you fly ?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2015, 08:02 PM

Excuse my ignorance, I don't get out much , but why do they serve drinks on planes in the first place? They don't serve them on coaches - do they? So why planes?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2015, 08:04 PM

Excuse my ignorance, I don't get out much , but why do they serve drinks on planes in the first place? They don't serve them on coaches - do they? What about trains? So why planes?
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

23-07-2015, 08:18 PM

Perhaps to calm nerves, as passengers not allowed to smoke nowadays.
Going on a coach is a bit different to flying, many miles up in the air, some people get nervous.
Plus if some wanted to take a little "something " on the coach who is going to know as they don"t have to go through the rigourous security , specially flying to the States which are and quite rightly so in my humble opinion.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

23-07-2015, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Perhaps to calm nerves, as passengers not allowed to smoke nowadays.
Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Going on a coach is a bit different to flying, many miles up in the air, some people get nervous.
Plus if some wanted to take a little "something " on the coach who is going to know as they don"t have to go through the rigourous security , specially flying to the States which are and quite rightly so in my humble opinion.

But didn't they still serve booze when passengers WERE allowed to smoke, too?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2015, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
[B]

But didn't they still serve booze when passengers WERE allowed to smoke, too?
To the best of my knowledge they have always served booze.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top