Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2015, 10:33 PM

Re: Booze On Planes

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
To the best of my knowledge they have always served booze.

That's what I mean Tabby, it can't be that they are serving it because passengers can't smoke to calm their nerves.
If they are that nervous, either don't fly, or get a pill from the doc. no need to get drunk and make yourself a nuisance to everyone else.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2015, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That's what I mean Tabby, it can't be that they are serving it because passengers can't smoke to calm their nerves.
If they are that nervous, either don't fly, or get a pill from the doc. no need to get drunk and make yourself a nuisance to everyone else.
Exactly Mups !

I love flying and do not know why people are so scared of it. I suppose take off and landing can be a bit hairy but, once you are up there, you may as well be on a bus - only with better views !
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2015, 09:54 AM

Its all to do with cash as usual, its a wonder smoking was banned with the amount of cash it bought in, ok its bad for the health you say well so is drinking many die from it everyday so ban it on planes as they did smoking. I forget who posted and wanted to know how often i fly well its around 5 times a year what difference it makes whether i fly or not i cannot understand but theres nowt as queer as folk is there?
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2015, 04:17 PM

Heard on the radio today that the Government is going to start being more tougher on drunks on planes even talking about jail terms about time as well long overdue.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2015, 08:18 PM

Bad enough when fellow passengers get inebriated but worse when your pilot and crew imbibe. http://www.skynews.com.au/news/world...-arrested.html
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2015, 05:41 PM

I very rarely drink on a flight - but
a while back, for some reason, I was upgraded to First Class where they were serving some really top-notch Single Malt - for freebies.

Well, what can a man do ....... ?

Fortunately it was only a three-hour trip.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2015, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
I actually thought they didnīt let people get on planes these days if they were drunk
Loretta, it's not well known but the laws on domestic and international flights is that if drunks are not allowed onto the plane the airline has to refund them their tickets.

If the aircraft has started it's journey then the airline does not have to refund the drunks the price of the ticket.

Therefore, one airline I know for sure allows them onto the plane, it leaves the terminal and taxis towards the runway, at which point the pilot will decide it's not safe to take off and returns to the terminal where the drunks are removed.

That's all fine and dandy except for the fact that the flight 'slot' has been lost and by the time they've dealt with the drunks and been allocated a new take off 'slot' three or more hours have passed causing problems with passengers onward flights and hotel bookings not to mention people like my wife and I who were waiting for my brother and SiL at the destination airport, and with two dogs with us as well.

I like the idea of landing at an intermediate airport, handing the drunks over to the Police and one hopes they then have to pay to get back home
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2015, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
Loretta, it's not well known but the laws on domestic and international flights is that if drunks are not allowed onto the plane the airline has to refund them their tickets.

If the aircraft has started it's journey then the airline does not have to refund the drunks the price of the ticket.

Therefore, one airline I know for sure allows them onto the plane, it leaves the terminal and taxis towards the runway, at which point the pilot will decide it's not safe to take off and returns to the terminal where the drunks are removed.

That's all fine and dandy except for the fact that the flight 'slot' has been lost and by the time they've dealt with the drunks and been allocated a new take off 'slot' three or more hours have passed causing problems with passengers onward flights and hotel bookings not to mention people like my wife and I who were waiting for my brother and SiL at the destination airport, and with two dogs with us as well.

I like the idea of landing at an intermediate airport, handing the drunks over to the Police and one hopes they then have to pay to get back home
I'm surprised that the airline has to refund them if they are not allowed to board due to their own stupidity.

Re the bit in bold, I have actually witnessed this once on a flight from the Far East. The drunk passenger was removed from the plane on a scheduled stop, but as he was booked to fly on to the UK I assume he had to pay for another ticket home when he sobered up.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2015, 07:39 AM

I vote for taking off - doing a quick circuit over the nearest sea then throwing them out without a parachute. I don't think they would misbehave again !

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top