Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2015, 08:01 PM

Re: Second Coming or Scam ?

You know me too well!
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2015, 08:52 PM

When Jesus comes again he certainly wont be needing to publish images and videos of himself nor would he be mentioning the scars on his hands and feet for another thing.
He wont be into self promoting but in coming together and helping each other in a sincere and honest way . Thats just one small way how we will know if hes the "genuine" article
BDR44
Gwynedd North Wales
BDR44 is male  BDR44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2015, 09:09 AM

The Jesus in the Gospels is not the gentle meek and mild hippie type. Trouble is people who no longer read the Gospels make assertions and many who do don't bother to discover the context in which things were said or the fact that Jesus was a Jew and a Rabbi and the fact that Jesus was the Latinised name for Yeshua (Joshua). As for the Second Coming as the poet Yates say who knows " what rough beast, its hour come round at last, Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born? "
Derbygal
Idaho USA
Derbygal is female  Derbygal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2015, 01:15 AM

King James Bible
Matthew Chapter 24 whole.
verse 4/5 take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name saying Iam Christ; and shall deceive many.

whole chapter is interesting.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2015, 08:55 AM

Close enough for me - looks wise, but hasn't he left it a bit late with his declaration? He should have 'come out' years ago giving him himself time to reshape dah world.

Oh well, we shall have to wait for the 3rd coming is all.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2015, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by BDR44 ->
The Jesus in the Gospels is not the gentle meek and mild hippie type.
The Jesus in the Gospels (by which I assume you mean just the 4 permitted for human consumption by the "Church") is a portrayal of a man made hundreds of years after the events. Even the paltry 4 Gospels we are allowed to see can't agree on the events that took place.

Originally Posted by BDR44 ->
Trouble is people who no longer read the Gospels make assertions and many who do don't bother to discover the context in which things were said or the fact that Jesus was a Jew and a Rabbi and the fact that Jesus was the Latinised name for Yeshua (Joshua).
The trouble is in giving credence to a set of man-written works that are relating stories and specific dialogue from hundreds of years after those events.

It would be somewhat like me asking YOU today to write up a book on the person of Dionysius IV of Constantinople who died in 1696.

Now you might be able to concoct some pithy tome based on scraps of historical evidence but you couldn't in good faith and with any honesty write a line that said:

"And Dionysius said 'Why come these people to my doors asking for money?"

and so on. If you did, you would be heralded as a charlatan.

The argument that some magical . . sorry . . Divine . . . mind-controlling influence occurred between the writers and "God" is imo just silly. Can you imagine it? Matthew sitting there in a complete trance almost sleep writing verbatim the words coming to him across the ether? I can just imagine God's frustration . . "Come on Matthew, concentrate for goodness sake, this is important stuff !". lol

For goodness sake this would be "God" we are talking about. Would the being who created planets, stars, universes limit himself to trying to communicate to Man using ink and paper and not even writing the stuff himself but getting humans to do it for him hundreds of years after events had happened? Really? Come on think that through ! Use the mind you were given! If God is God he could have etched those writings with bolts of lightening on the face of Mount Everest for all to see !

I am NOT an atheist. There does exist imo a "God" but I don't believe it is anything remotely like that portrayed by the human powers that have drip fed so many millions of people with constructed texts and associated dogma and teachings for centuries. That is just a system of control for weak minded people who can be controlled through fear and compliance. The actions of the "Church" and associated powers reveal the true nature and we already know that there have been and continue to be some very wicked and evil practices rife within it.

We are all connected to whatever "God" is whether that be the universal source of all things, the central life energy that makes us what we are, a supreme consciousness and so on.
We are all part of the greater whole. In this sense, I AM GOD and GOD IS ME. I am a part of God. So are you. God is everywhere, in everything. You instinctively know it and feel it within you. That is where the longing/yearning comes from to know the truth and to touch it and rejoin with it. It is that part of you that is not physical. It is the true source of life.

Your mind is a part of who you are. We can not, must not, put our minds aside and instead soak up and blindly follow social conditioning. No God that gave u a mind would want us to do that.

Our eyes have been veiled by those in control and we have been conditioned not to question, not to challenge but to simply accept and follow. The actual story derived from the full set of available works does not stack up with the story the "Church" wants to manipulate and portray. That is why the story has been heavily censored. The walls of that story will doubtless come crumbling down soon enough.

Finding the truth is hard, often complicated and tiring and it has been made so by wicked people imo. Yet seek it we must.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2015, 10:57 AM

I have found there are ways and means of removing unwanted, disturbing, CONFUSING thoughts and that is to put yourself in physical jeopardy in some way. This is akin to facing some bloke who is about to hit you over the head with a spanner or something - or maybe contemplating topping yourself. What you get is complete clarity of vision. Nothing means much of anything. We come and we go. There is no need to cloud your judgement with anything from the bible or anywhere else. It is all just barmy thought processes playing havoc with you, as it has done through the ages to all.

The development of speech and the written word has created human beings with minds full of crap. Clarity of thought is wonderful and it is nothing much of anything.

Hey this stuff is gooooooddddddd .

First time I have heard it.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2015, 02:06 PM

. .
Hanfonius
North Wales
Hanfonius is male  Hanfonius has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2015, 02:12 PM

Please don't ask me to explain what went wrong in my reply to this thread - I somehow blew the other one out of existence..!!!

In response to Realist's earlier posting about the 'construction' of the modern New Testament.

http://www.bible-researcher.com/bruce1.html explains just how complex the process was. Not only were there vast omissions in the available scriptures when the final amalgamation took place in the second century, but also reductions in those gospels which were included.

If you believe that the bible we read today is the inspired version by God, then you have a perfect explanation - we are not expected to understand the mysteries of God's reasoning. You should not wonder how the present four gospels according to Matthew, Mark, Luke and John first appeared over 100 years after their deaths - you must just accept it as one of God's many miracles.

However, if you do have an enquiring mind (is this an heretical sin, I wonder?), then do we deny credence to any other religious writings that crop up from time to time?

I now need a few minutes to compose my thoughts based on the latest input...
Sorry about the confusion...
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

21-08-2015, 02:20 PM

@ Hanfonius

Thanks for the article link.

It is clearly very difficult, if not impossible, to now historically assess the accuracy and authenticity of all of the various Gospels, including those 4 permitted by the Orthodox Church and all the others including the Gnostic Gospels.

There is a very good article here that discusses the history of all these works:

http://www.usu.edu/markdamen/1320His...ers/13XITY.htm

What "grabs" me from this historical narrative is that our personal choice to assess the facts and arrive at a conclusion was and has been almost completely removed by the "Church". i.e. The Church saw to it that all Gnostic scriptures/works were destroyed in order that they could then force their own doctrine onto the people. And that would have worked, and did for some time, until the fortuitous discovery of the Nag Hammadi collection in Egypt whose works and additional Gospels presented a very different picture to that being force-fed by the Canonical Church.

Simple folk think in simple terms (one reason why parables existed).

I ask myself, if I wanted to present an idea to you, and not just academically but to really sincerely reach your heart and mind and change the way you think, would my most obvious and best tactic be to put my theory paper before you and see to it that every opposing theory paper was destroyed, thereby leaving you no way to determine for yourself, the actual truth ?

I think not.

Surely, if I believed so whole-heartedly about my theory I would welcome, indeed encourage you to look at and appraise objectively every piece of available counter-argument and to use your own heart and mind to reach a conclusion. Surely that is THE only real way to change a person's view, to provide the material, and let the person reach the conclusion for themselves.

From this basic precept, I personally conclude that the "Bible", massively censored as it is, can not provide me with the full set of information I need to determine and objectively appraise the truth. Those wishing me to believe the classic Biblical story have not done so openly and honestly, they have enforced one doctrine through the destruction of other viewpoints. In most other walks of life that would be considered dictatorship and is akin to Hitler seeing to it that books were burnt.

If there does exist a "God" of the kind portrayed by the Church, I don't for one second believe that he would have acted in such a way through people. He would wish to have our hearts and minds openly and genuinely and totally voluntarily. He would surely stand-up to face any scrutiny and objective appraisal and have no qualms about letting mankind see all the evidence for and against.

I believe therefore that in no small part, mankind has been duped by power-hungry collectives seeking to put in place systems of control and conditioning. A veil has been drawn over our eyes to hide the fuller truth and to sap any desire we have to even contemplate that the mantra is untrue or to think for ourselves.

None of which is to say that the "Bible" as we know it does not have value. Just that it is but a fraction of the testimonies out there . . and a heavily edited and censored fraction at that !

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top