Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Hanfonius
North Wales
Hanfonius is male  Hanfonius has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2015, 02:38 PM

Re: Second Coming or Scam ?

Thank you, Realist, for your last reply. I concur with your reasonings throughout.

In my youth through to about 25, I was a believing Christian. I migrated from church to church, and even became an assistant to a Pentecostal missionary out in Kenya. Running parallel to this were my studies as a palaeontologist - and I encountered the conflict twixt creationalism and natural evolution. On the one hand was the deliberate manufacturing of pseudo-scientific facts, and the other totally unscientific statements which may never be queried or challenged.
I became, and remain an atheist.

Is there anything that anybody could say that would make me change my mind? I don't think there is. Having said that, I am now guilty of being dogmatic, and I find that is wrong in itself. I don't believe in ghosts - yet if one was to suddenly appear before me, I would immediately change my mind.

I regard the bible as a guide to social law. In this respect, it is invaluable. It doesn't matter who your God is. I feel it is the churches that corrupt the 'word of God'.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2015, 04:03 PM

Re: Second Coming or Scam ?

Originally Posted by Hanfonius ->
I became, and remain an atheist.

Is there anything that anybody could say that would make me change my mind? I don't think there is.
I empathise with the journey you have been on. I also agree that nothing anyone says will (directly) change your mind. If it is going to be changed it must be done so by you with due consideration and deliberation.

The first steps you have already taken which is to understand "The Matrix" that you were previously indoctrinated into, objectively appraise it and ultimately reject it. That then tends to leave us floating and flapping about feeling not a little lost in a big world. However answers are out there I believe, but they must be sought earnestly with an open heart and with some determination.

As with getting control of personal ailments, it is a case of standing still and listening to your body. When we find time to do that we start to recognise signals and feelings and senses that indicate your body is in need of something or that it is suffering from something. Over time you get to recognise those things more easily and can respond to them quickly.

I think it is the same principle with our inner selves. We need time to just be still and just . . .be. Not easy in the modern world if you are working hard and have little free time.

I have still so very much to learn and experience. Yet I know that I am moving along some kind of path towards a light that I can neither define nor adequately explain.

One of the things that helped me was sun-gazing. I recommend you Google it. Apparently, staring at the sun directly when it is not too bright, stimulates the otherwise dormant Pineal Gland inside your brain. I find it makes you sharper, more aware of things and heightens the senses. It seems odd to me that we were never taught about this part of our body in school. Part of the veil being drawn over us.

I definitely changed as a person after sun-gazing and again can not adequately explain why. It definitely helped kick start my current journey. Try it, you have nothing to lose.

ATB

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top