Join for free
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2015, 08:17 PM

A Shocking Loophole

I am sure you will be stunned to hear of a loophole which allows people who have never paid tax in Britain to bill the NHS for healthcare in their own countries.
An investigation found that foreign nationals who claim they are living in the UK are obtaining free European Health Insurance Cards (EHIC) to charge the UK for treatment in their home countries this is simply outrageous.
To my mind, it is the job of the Government to know how taxpayers money is being used. In this case it appears our Government did not know.
Now David Cameron must plug this loophole and quickly to prove he thinks more of our beloved NHS than the EU!
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2015, 08:30 PM

Re: A Shocking Loophole

Our Government did know Doc, they have known for over 2 years having been fully informed of the problem. They decided to brush it under the carpet.
Today I read that other EU countries will not accept the card from Brits and make them pay. Mugs of Europe UK as normal.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2015, 08:36 PM

I read it the other day and I'm furious!
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2015, 08:40 PM

I heard this on tv the other day. It really takes the p**s doesnt it. Just when you think there cant be any other ways to be taken advantage of ...
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2015, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I read it the other day and I'm furious!
More so when it is only this country which dishes out the cards without checking who they are giving them too. Unlike other EU countries.
Uff
Scotland
Uff is female  Uff has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2015, 09:14 PM

I heard this the other day and it makes me wonder how such things come into being. Surely someone somewhere knows about anomalies like this so why isn't anything done about it.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top