Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Indigo
UK
Indigo is female  Indigo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2015, 04:11 PM

Re: Healing power of saying sorry

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I've never met anyone that has overused the word sorry
Very rarely hear it in fact
I agree the word sorry is vastly underused. However, I vastly OVERused it in my first marriage. My husband was a difficult man, and I would say sorry many, many times when it really should have been him, and I had done nothing wrong. It was just because I found it difficult to deal with the bad atmosphere between us.

In retrospect, I should not have apologised when it was unnecessary and inappropriate to do so. However, it doesn't really matter now - we are divorced. So hey.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2015, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Indigo ->
I agree the word sorry is vastly underused. However, I vastly OVERused it in my first marriage. My husband was a difficult man, and I would say sorry many, many times when it really should have been him, and I had done nothing wrong. It was just because I found it difficult to deal with the bad atmosphere between us.

In retrospect, I should not have apologised when it was unnecessary and inappropriate to do so. However, it doesn't really matter now - we are divorced. So hey.
Never thought of it that way - I do the same Indigo, Fabs is a good husband in many ways but its me that keeps us on track - in his case I understand, so that helps - but its not always easy
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2015, 05:20 PM

I think you are all barking up the wrong tree. Do as I did for an experiment: ban the word 'sorry' from your vocabulary for a while. It does you the power of good. It empowers you and you feel invincible.

You can take this advice a step further - as I have done at times, and that is to replace 'sorry' with 'f*** you'.

You really can't go wrong with the above advice.

Yet more absolute pearls of wisdom given freely.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2015, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
I think you are all barking up the wrong tree. Do as I did for an experiment: ban the word 'sorry' from your vocabulary for a while. It does you the power of good. It empowers you and you feel invincible.

You can take this advice a step further - as I have done at times, and that is to replace 'sorry' with 'f*** you'. You really can't go wrong with this advice. Yet more absolute pearls of wisdom given freely.
Ah well - back to MKJ then .....................
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2015, 05:32 PM

Ah well - back to MKJ then .....................
An alternative viewpoint only enriches discussions.

Just doing my duty.
Indigo
UK
Indigo is female  Indigo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2015, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->

You can take this advice a step further - as I have done at times, and that is to replace 'sorry' with 'f*** you'.
I think my exH would have been following the MKJ "sorry guidelines" except he ended up divorced against his will and everyone thought he was a pompous twit.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

17-08-2015, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Indigo ->
I think my exH would have been following the MKJ "sorry guidelines" except he ended up divorced against his will and everyone thought he was a pompous twit.

I've come across them so many times - they just don't get it - life for them and those around them would be so much better if they did
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2015, 07:50 PM

[/B]
I've come across them so many times - they just don't get it - life for them and those around them would be so much better if they did
What man would want a wimp of a woman who keeps saying sorry, so boring. Any normal man wants a vampire, hissing, spitting woman from hell full of Latin passion

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top