Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2015, 11:35 AM

Baby Names

It would seem that giving your off spring outlandish names is now thankfully on the decline and consideration to the fact they have to live with their given names is prevailing.

Oliver and Amelia were the most popular baby names in England and Wales in 2014 for the second year running.

Did you like your name or would you have preferred another?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33959140
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2015, 12:33 PM

Re: Baby Names

I was nearly called Sandra but they must have had an after thought and changed it to Susan which was popular at the time when i was born in the 50's. It was my middle name i was'nt too struck on taken after my Auntie.. The name is Grace but over the years it's come back into fashion so i'm not too bothered now
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2015, 12:52 PM

I like Daisy May or Anna
But, I do like Patricia - its the Irish in me
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2015, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I like Daisy May or Anna
But, I do like Patricia - its the Irish in me

My real name is Irish too Patsy.

As I have just mentioned on another thread somewhere that I hate my real name with a vengeance

The variations people say when addressing me is unbelievable
But I answer to them all.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2015, 01:07 PM

Well we'll never know what it is - but I just love Marj, its friendly and warm
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2015, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Well we'll never know what it is - but I just love Marj, its friendly and warm
Thanks Patsy,
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2015, 01:13 PM

It's because of my Irish descent that I was given my names, and don't ask me why but only my middle name has ever been used...unless of course we get legal and then its my first name which usually ends up with me looking around to see who has not answered.

Gives a whole new meaning to that Irish saying ...Is that yourself now..sure who else would it be?
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2015, 01:16 PM

I think at one point parents were forgetting that their baby names would one day be adult names, friend of ours called their daughter Poppy, it can't be shortened so she will always be Poppy.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

17-08-2015, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
I think at one point parents were forgetting that their baby names would one day be adult names, friend of ours called their daughter Poppy, it can't be shortened so she will always be Poppy.
There are a couple of girls I know of named Poppy
They are late teens, its a nice name and will be fine in adulthood too
Marion
Norfolk
Marion is female  Marion has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2015, 01:42 PM

I have never really thought about do I like my name. I know I have never had it shortened, except by my son in law when he has had a pint or two and then its "Maz" lol

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top