Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2015, 10:53 PM

Justice for the baby?

I don't know in what part of the country this happened, but there was a 12 week old baby, who had been unwell since birth, and her useless mother left her in a baby rocker for 9 hours on her own in their lounge, while she cleared off upstairs to booze and have sex with a bloke she barely knew.

When she finally came back downstairs 9 hours later, her baby was dead. She had been left with not so much as a blanket over her.

The penalty? The idiotic judge let her go with just a suspended sentence, telling her she must have it on her conscience for the rest of her life.
Personally, I doubt people like her have much of a conscience let alone repent for the rest of their life.

British justice ey. .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2015, 08:53 AM

Re: Justice for the baby?

Does make me despair really and we have people who have not paid their TV licence in prison
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2015, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I don't know in what part of the country this happened, but there was a 12 week old baby, who had been unwell since birth, and her useless mother left her in a baby rocker for 9 hours on her own in their lounge, while she cleared off upstairs to booze and have sex with a bloke she barely knew.

When she finally came back downstairs 9 hours later, her baby was dead. She had been left with not so much as a blanket over her.

The penalty? The idiotic judge let her go with just a suspended sentence, telling her she must have it on her conscience for the rest of her life.
Personally, I doubt people like her have much of a conscience let alone repent for the rest of their life.

British justice ey. .
What disturbs me more than anything Mups is reading that Senior councillors today described Shanelle's death as 'tragic'.

Tragic or Lessons will be learned seems to be their stock answers to episodes like this. Then we have the bleeding heart brigade that will excuse this appalling act on a defenseless infant because the mother was no doubt denied jam on her porridge as a child which left her scarred for life thus condoning her behaviour.

Bit late for a Serious Case Review

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/month...ail/story.html
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2015, 10:40 AM

What would you suggest that the judge could have ordered for this woman, so that she will learn from her past and in the future be a better mother?
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2015, 10:51 AM

I don't think sending her to prison would have served any purpose. It would not bring the child back who had been left alone to die.

One thing I would suggest is they could have sent the mother off to be sterilised so that she could not have any more children to inflict such pain on.

Some might say eventually she may turn her life around and be a good mother in years to come. To that I say I don't really care, she obviously found the child got in her way of her own enjoyment.

To one who could not have children because of health issues it infuriates me.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2015, 12:46 PM

I really hate that term LESSONS WILL BE LEARNED trouble is they never are.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2015, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->

So do I Doc as it's now nothing but a lip service cop out and totally meaningless.

Her lawyer said "She prioritised herself momentarily over the child with devastating consequences". Momentarily... it was 9 hours!

Suspending the sentence had not prioritised her babies death.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2015, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
What would you suggest that the judge could have ordered for this woman, so that she will learn from her past and in the future be a better mother?
Mandatory and residential drying out clinic so she gets sober enough to understand what she has done.
Mandatory parenting classes until she understands how to look after children, or sterilisation so she can never do this to another child.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2015, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
So true !
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2015, 04:32 PM

Why do people think they have a right to reproduce?

Why do we as a society allow these idiots (sorry cant think of another polite word) to breed?

People who allow their offspring to be eaten by dogs, run over whilst running about in the road, swallow drugs they intended to take themselves or die because they are too busy having fun..
Should they be allowed to carry on and have more children when they cant take care of the ones they have already produced..
Just a thought.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top