Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2015, 04:37 PM

Re: Justice for the baby?

Originally Posted by Cass ->
Why do people think they have a right to reproduce?

Why do we as a society allow these idiots (sorry cant think of another polite word) to breed?

People who allow their offspring to be eaten by dogs, run over whilst running about in the road, swallow drugs they intended to take themselves or die because they are too busy having fun..
Should they be allowed to carry on and have more children when they cant take care of the ones they have already produced..
Just a thought.

Why indeed. And that Cass is the million dollar question.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2015, 05:10 PM

Why do people think they have a right to reproduce?
Why do we as a society allow these idiots (sorry cant think of another polite word) to breed? ....... Just a thought.
And an understandable thought, Cass - but a slippery slope, I fear.
Some atrocious parents have somehow produced offspring who have contributed much to the world.

Should we all have to apply for a 'breeder's licence' ?
What shall the criteria be ?
And who decides ?
You ?
Me ?

How do we ensure that personal bias does not intrude ?
(I reckon that any parent who brainwashes a small child into any religious belief is guilty of child abuse.
Should that be grounds for the snip or the tied tubes ?)

And who will forcibly perform these procedures ?
You'd reckon it would breach any doctor's hippocratic oath !

How long before means-testing is required or racial limitations or IQ tests for that matter - or any number of other potential prejudices ?

Nahhh - sounds OK - but only a short step from a historical process in Europe not that very long ago ....
opheila
North Jersey, US
opheila is female  opheila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2015, 06:01 PM

A story to share about American justice and children. When I lived in Pennsylvania I worked for a large day school. There was this beautiful toddler Naiemah. The other staff said I spoiled her but she was often on my hip the whole afternoon. Unfortunately her mother had a bit of a temper and got into a brawl. They put her in jail for a month. She was a single parent and the closest family was a grandmother in New York. It wasn't about the most appropriate placement, only that the grandmother was next of kin. I even offered to foster Naiemah. But no...off to NY they were sent. From later news headlines the boy soiled himself one day and the grandmother became very angry. He was found dead on the couch later that day. Naiemah's mother got out of jail in time to get her daughter back, watch her own mother go to prison and attend her son's memorial service. It didn't have to happen that way...
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2015, 06:05 PM

That is such a sad story. I really don't agree that incarcerating wayward mums achieves much at all.
Education Education and more Education
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2015, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
And an understandable thought, Cass - but a slippery slope, I fear.
Some atrocious parents have somehow produced offspring who have contributed much to the world.

Should we all have to apply for a 'breeder's licence' ?
What shall the criteria be ?
And who decides ?
You ?
Me ?

How do we ensure that personal bias does not intrude ?
(I reckon that any parent who brainwashes a small child into any religious belief is guilty of child abuse.
Should that be grounds for the snip or the tied tubes ?)

And who will forcibly perform these procedures ?
You'd reckon it would breach any doctor's hippocratic oath !

How long before means-testing is required or racial limitations or IQ tests for that matter - or any number of other potential prejudices ?

Nahhh - sounds OK - but only a short step from a historical process in Europe not that very long ago ....

Im not saying judge before something has happened but surely if one has neglected or murdered a child then all rights to reproduce should be forfeited?
Regardless of creed colour or education if one has proved to be unfit surely thats enough to take away the right.

The world is overcrowded do we need the feckless and neglectful reproducing ..
opheila
North Jersey, US
opheila is female  opheila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2015, 02:51 AM

I don't know about over there, but here there is a huge problem with parents in jail. It depends on the situation of course. Naiemah's mother was a very good mother. It's just her personal life got in the way sometimes. Then another story-a friend who fostered two children while their parents were away. The parents finished their respective bids, only to be locked up again some months later. Then the cycle continued for several years. Finally a judge decided enough instability was enough. He terminated the parents rights and my friend adopted the kids...who are now grown and doing well.
If a parent messes up in a minor way give them probation and not jail. A repeat offender or violent crime needs more drastic measures.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2015, 12:43 PM

Im not saying judge before something has happened .....
I take your point.

The world is overcrowded do we need the feckless and neglectful reproducing ..
Or couples with a combined IQ lower than their age ?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2015, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
I take your point.

Or couples with a combined IQ lower than their age ?
I think that's the slippery slope as best parents I have ever seen had very low IQs as they are both downs syndrome but they care for their little family like no others I have witnessed. There eldest finished University last year and is now working with disabled children and their daughter is currently training to be a vet. Their youngest is still at school and doing really well.

I have seen worse parents who had high IQs !
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2015, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I think that's the slippery slope as best parents I have ever seen had very low IQs as they are both downs syndrome but they care for their little family like no others I have witnessed. There eldest finished University last year and is now working with disabled children and their daughter is currently training to be a vet. Their youngest is still at school and doing really well.

I have seen worse parents who had high IQs !
a good and profound salutary point!
Pumicestone
Australia

20-08-2015, 12:54 PM

Damn it, Julie. I hate it when youre right !

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top