Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Deb W
Hereford
Deb W is female  Deb W has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2015, 08:33 AM

Seen on another forum - food for thought?

Here are two short sentences that tell you a lot about our governments and our culture:-

1. We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners and bikers by the actions of a few lunatics.

Funny how that works.

2. Seems we constantly hear about how Pensions could run out of money. How come we never hear about welfare and illegal immigration support running out of money?

What's interesting is that the first group "worked for" their money, but the second group didn't.

Think about it..... & PASS IT ON
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2015, 08:47 AM

Re: Seen on another forum - food for thought?

Originally Posted by Deb W ->
[I]Here are two short sentences that tell you a lot about our governments and our culture:-
1. We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners and bikers by the actions of a few lunatics.

Funny how that works
...are we, a sweeping generalisation and rather inaccurate I would say.

Seems we constantly hear about how Pensions could run out of money. How come we never hear about welfare and illegal immigration support running out of money?

What's interesting is that the first group "worked for" their money, but the second group didn't.
Think about it..... & PASS IT ON
...another generalisation, I receive a pension and haven't heard of it running out.
As for illegal immigration I don't think any government supports that.

Welfare support.. there are times when all of us could
require a bit of help. We are all of an age here where are health can decline rapidly and some support will be needed.

I won't be passing it on, it looks like the kind of trite rubbish that originated on social media, 'Sewer book' possibly.

I see these 'pass it on' emails as a subtle form of indoctrination . I am sure Hitler would have found them a great help.
Old Supporter
Bedfordshire UK
Old Supporter is male  Old Supporter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2015, 08:50 AM

We, along with other European Countries, must soon say enough is enough, regarding immigrants, illegal or otherwise. In the past we have blockaded other Countries to stop deliveries of strategic items. Can we not do the same now to stop these people at source? If that sounds very harsh, well we will soon be over run, and British people will end up as a minority in our own Country.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2015, 08:53 AM

Hmm,just another bigoted rant so I'm just gonna pass on and outta here as it's getting very boring!!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2015, 09:26 AM

Who does this ? I don't know anyone who judges all people with guns as being mass murderers, and has you not seen the cuts in welfare for the disabled and job seekers ? have pensioners been hit with bedroom tax or sanctioned if they don't attend meetings etc ??
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2015, 10:07 AM

I think you've made a boo boo with this one Deb !
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2015, 10:42 AM

I wont be passing this on either, We all have our opinions of the rights and wrongs of the present situation but it has been a long time in the making and was a perfect migration storm waiting to happen in which millions are now involved.

It has/is now happening and whilst it is being sorted so that a solution can be found, it will be inevitable posts like this will abound.

I will only voice my personal preference/opinions without prejudice to an informed situation as I see it and no amount of 'food for thought ' articles will alter that.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2015, 11:50 AM

This kind of thing gets me very annoyed and I am not that kind
of person.
These pass it on things are just the pits.
I especially hate the ones that say out of all my friends only
10% will pass it on and I know who they are.
Yeah you might know it wont be me so why do they send it
Yuk.
Sorry for the rant but its these friends ones that get me more
than the just pass it on ones. I don't ever do either.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2015, 04:29 PM

I hate the pass it on chain letter stuff too and recently I read this gem by Billy Connolly.. The man reads my thoughts!

Dont open the link if you dont apporve of strong langugue .Its is B.C after all

http://masey.co/2009/05/a-chain-lett...illy-connolly/
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2015, 04:36 PM

I don't approve of bad language but somehow BC never offends me might be the Scottish accent I am not sure but having read it I agree with him

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top