Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2015, 05:58 PM

Re: Europe

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Statistics about population density don't tell the whole picture, though. (And why are the figures for just England included as well as the UK as a whole?).You can have vast swathes of empty countryside with no infrastructure, even uninhabitable areas, which would not make it any easier to take immigrants.
Simply because England is so much more overcrowded than the UK as a whole yet England (London and other big cities in particular) is where the majority of immigrants wish to settle. Our infrastructure is already near breaking point with the current level of immigration/asylum seekers.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2015, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
If all EU countries have a quota, that quota should be based on existing population density.

If that is the case, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland have some catching up to do as England is already the second most overcrowded country in Europe.
Oh I say...Has England become independent from the rest of the UK?...sheesh..when the heck did that happen?;~)
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2015, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Oh I say...Has England become independent from the rest of the UK?...sheesh..when the heck did that happen?;~)
Unfortunately not (yet). What I was suggesting is that if we (the UK) are forced to take in more refugees, they should be distributed more fairly around the country. Given that England is far more crowded than Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland, it is only fair that they take the bulk.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2015, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
Unfortunately not (yet). What I was suggesting is that if we (the UK) are forced to take in more refugees, they should be distributed more fairly around the country. Given that England is far more crowded than Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland, it is only fair that they take the bulk.
Put Your suggestion to call Me Dave and I'm sure He and His best Pal Nicola will come to some arrangement ;~)

Having said that,on My bus coming Home from the City today I could have sworn I was in a Foreign Country as I couldn't understand a damned word most of the Passengers were talking (very loudly) about...and it wasn't Gaelic!
MickB
London UK

25-08-2015, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Having said that,on My bus coming Home from the City today I could have sworn I was in a Foreign Country as I couldn't understand a damned word most of the Passengers were talking (very loudly) about...and it wasn't Gaelic!
That's what it's like pretty much everywhere here in London.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2015, 07:26 PM

Germany do take in more immigrants than Britain, but it is a much larger country.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top