Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2015, 03:10 PM

BBC dump Met Office

After 93 years the Beeb has dumped the Met Office.

I bet the Met did not see that storm coming
Hanfonius
North Wales
Hanfonius is male  Hanfonius has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2015, 03:15 PM

Re: BBC dump Met Office

Some years ago, Norway awarded the national weather forecaster the title of 'Liar of the Year' award.

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2015, 03:22 PM

I heard this being discussed on the radio yesterday. The weather forcast is going to be put out to tender I guess to find a cheaper option than the Met office taking into account the BBC cuts .
So our forecast could be coming from another country.
I don't like change I am too old...
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2015, 03:40 PM

The BBC said it would still use the Met Office for its severe weather warnings.

Makes buying that latest purchase of it's £100m Cray super computer worthwhile doesn't it
Hanfonius
North Wales
Hanfonius is male  Hanfonius has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2015, 03:45 PM

There's an old lady at the top of our village who is a witch.
She's a white witch, and doesn't walk around with a pointy hat, and no warts on her nose.

She tells the future weather by squeezing her bunions or something. She'd do it for the BBC for a couple of quid a week. Probably much more accurate than the Sinclair Cray as well.

Tomorrow's weather? It's gonna rain. That's for free. A sample of the old witches skill.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2015, 03:47 PM

Sounds like a case of Scilly automatic gone to far
solo
UK

24-08-2015, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Hanfonius ->
There's an old lady at the top of our village who is a witch.
She's a white witch, and doesn't walk around with a pointy hat, and no warts on her nose.

She tells the future weather by squeezing her bunions or something. She'd do it for the BBC for a couple of quid a week. Probably much more accurate than the Sinclair Cray as well.

Tomorrow's weather? It's gonna rain. That's for free. A sample of the old witches skill.
I was rather intrigued at the method of 'by squeezing her buttocks' to forecast weather....then I put my glasses back on.
Hanfonius
North Wales

24-08-2015, 04:17 PM

Oooh, Solo, you are awful.....

... but I like you.!!

Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2015, 04:18 PM

does this mean we are going to get some idiot jumping around on a styrafoam map?
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2015, 04:28 PM

Excellent news I say !
Maybe now we will get some decent weather !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top