Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2011, 04:37 PM

Re: Energy Bills/switched power suppliers.

I noticed an advert in The Mail On Sunday by EON, whom I'm with, that if your'e on the Age Uk package connected to them, there is a cold weather payment from December to February if the temperature dips below freezing on any given day. So I rooted through my old bills, and could'nt see any reference to it. Apparently it was on the payment sheet, which I did'nt notice. I found this out after phoning them. Came to £19 for that period. So there is a little joy to be had. Not too much though.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2011, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by John ->
I noticed an advert in The Mail On Sunday by EON, whom I'm with, that if your'e on the Age Uk package connected to them, there is a cold weather payment from December to February if the temperature dips below freezing on any given day. So I rooted through my old bills, and could'nt see any reference to it. Apparently it was on the payment sheet, which I did'nt notice. I found this out after phoning them. Came to £19 for that period. So there is a little joy to be had. Not too much though.
John that's good,is it in addition to the government colds weather payment which only certain people can get...
Cold Weather Payments can help people who are in receipt of certain benefits with their additional heating costs during winter.
A payment will be made for each seven day period of very cold weather between 1 November and 31 March.
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/moneytax...nt/dg_10018668
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2011, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
John that's good,is it in addition to the government colds weather payment which only certain people can get...
Yes Meg, as long as you are over 60, and on the EON/AGEUK deal, you get what the company offer,reference the minus freezing deal. Like I say, it won't be a lot, but if you're 80 or over its a little more. This is apart from the government's payment. Lets hope in a way, unlike last winter's bitter weather, we won't need it!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2011, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by John ->
Yes Meg, as long as you are over 60, and on the EON/AGEUK deal, you get what the company offer,reference the minus freezing deal. Like I say, it won't be a lot, but if you're 80 or over its a little more. This is apart from the government's payment. Lets hope in a way, unlike last winter's bitter weather, we won't need it!
That's a good deal then John I hate to say it but I think you may need it this winter....
Elbee
Chichester
Elbee is male  Elbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2011, 09:27 AM

No matter who you are with now, or who you switch to, the prices will go up to match.

The big six Energy Cartel have the UK market sewn up. Until Ofgem starts to do what it is paid to do and act to stop price fixing then we wil all lose out.

Now I am going to be "sleeping with the fishes"!
Bridgefield
South uk
Bridgefield is female  Bridgefield has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2012, 07:31 PM

That's what I think Elbee. We have oil for heating and electricity but my OH is investigating getting gas laid from the road up to our place. Apart from digging a ruddy great trench I'm not sure what else is involved like changing radiators and boiler and having paid out for all that if we'll live long enough to reap the benefits.
Elbee
Chichester
Elbee is male  Elbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2012, 12:07 PM

Have you considered Air Source Heat Pump Heating?

It will be cheaspetr to install than getting a Gas main laid and new boilers etc and most importantly it will cost around £350 a year to heat the house and hot water!

[mod edit]
Bridgefield
South uk
Bridgefield is female  Bridgefield has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2012, 02:28 PM

We got as far as getting some brochures a while back as we are doing a lot of ground work around the house. Haven't had a price for getting gas up to the house yet. £350 a year would probably be for a "normal" house but it ain't normal here!!!!!!

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top