Join for free
Page 200 of 1676 « First < 100 150 190 198 199 200 201 202 210 250 300 700 1200 > Last »
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 08:11 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

About 5 years ago my weight exceeded 18 stone. At my mother's funeral my cousin Keith said,
" Robert, you look just like George Melly with that baggy blazer and fedora"

The daughter of Terry at the fish & Chip shop said whenever I called.
"Bob you look just like that film star, Steve Martin"

The lady who cuts my hair every 5 weeks is soon to retire she always likened me to Adam Faith.

They're all wrong cos I look like ME!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 08:16 PM

I always imagine you as a junior version of robert senior? if ya not then you've broken the mould!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 08:53 PM

Aye indeed RJ, I’m sure you cut a fine figure of a man in your prime, a fine strapping lad, as the granny would say.
When I used to watch Drumbeat as a boy I always preferred Adam Faith to Cliff Richard, Faith seemed more down to earth and less full of himself - Cliff Richard always struck me as if he thought the sun shone out of his backside, although the wife loved him and still does.
My barber can’t make up his mind who I look like, it’s a toss up between Edward G. Robinson and Jack Palance, I’m happy just as long as he didn’t mention Victor Mature-Yuk! It’s his mouth you see, he’s got a huge mouth, with a mouth like that you could accidentally swallow yourself with your dinner.
We used to go around to the posh Aunt’s house to watch the TV, on a Saturday afternoon, as soon as Drumbeat and ‘Champion the Wonder Horse was over the brother and me were kicked out, she only did it as a favour to my poor Mother.

Any sign of the Pug fella? I hope he’s OK.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 10:07 PM

I posted this on general chat

Ever wondered who Robert SENIOR was?

I am a backsliding wordsmith.

My early years were enriched by the presence of my dad’s brother, a globe trotter, full of stories and words. The latest generation of a long line of mariners.

This marvellous man, also a Robert, hence Robert Junior, had been staying with his sister Sylvia **“temporarily .”
This was an uncomfortable arrangement and he moved in to mum & dads prefab when they went off to Hayling Island for a second honeymoon.

“Bob” didn’t move out when they returned and stayed with us until after I started schooling. This was 1953, the year in which us kids all were given a coronation mug (I still have mine, the grandkids paint brushes are somewhat ungraciously stuffed in it)
Thanks to Bob’s life skills I turned up on my first day at school able to read & write and in possession of an extraordinary vocabulary for a 4 year old.

Anyway, I am often deep in thought as to the meaning of words.
Yesterday fortunate & fortuitous harangued me.
I consulted a dictionary and my suspicions were vindicated. These 2 words are not the same and not even synonyms .

That is all I have to say on this subject.

BTW,**
Uncle Bob was chucked out by my mother in 1954 returning to live with his sister after the tragic early death of her husband Pat.

Bob, stayed with his sister for another 40 years until her death in 1994 . after which Bob gave up the ghost took to his bed and waited to die, it took 2 weeks for him to pass on
FINAL COMMENT
Bob left all his worldly goods to me, in a Tesco plastic carrier bag. No money, just his sea mans papers, his hearing aid, his dentures and his medals.

My dad’s ears were compatible with the hearing aid but the dentures not.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2017, 12:14 AM

A grand auld tale RJ, yes I did wonder but was too polite to ask, thanks for clearing that up for me.
I shudder at the though of a second honeymoon, the first one was a washout, we spent a week in a caravan by the seaside and it never stopped raining for the week, plus the fact that the wife had toothache for the first three days, we had to search high and low for a dentist to extract it, he fleeced us and we hadn’t a light coming home. I kid you not.

I missed your story, I don’t find meself much in General Chat these days, I think I general chatted meself to death over the years.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2017, 08:21 AM

Yesterday, I won a trip in a Submarine, the wife asked if I was excited about it, I said no, I don't think it's sunk in yet.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

24-03-2017, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Yesterday, I won a trip in a Submarine, the wife asked if I was excited about it, I said no, I don't think it's sunk in yet.
wonder where they fart.

Dive Dive Dive

Thanks Jem

Hi Gummy

'lo pug
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

24-03-2017, 09:02 AM

There is more
I posted this next bit after a question from RUTHIO

Good heavens Ruthio, shame on you for thinking that way.

No way, Bob never married , sendingv me pics of him in ports around the world usually with exotic ladies, one on each arm/.

One day I asked him who these ladies were..... painful silence ensued until Bob said

Why Robert didnt I tell you! they are your cousins in Singapore, Hong Kong, New York and those sort of places"

I didn't twig until I was much older that I wasn't related to any of these harpies after all.

Bob would have been pleased that he left nothing having once said to me when I bumped into him leaving a betting shop and he said
" I spent 90% of my wealth on wine women & whisky, the rest I just squandered"
before going away from me he stuffed a wadge of fivers into my pocket. He was a legend.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

24-03-2017, 01:53 PM

A man after me own heart was Robert senior, he certainly knew how to spend his money wisely, pity he squandered the 10% on foolish stuff like food and clothes, tut tut.

it’s a lovely sunny day here and for once the weatherman got it right, I congratulate him for tis seldom they are praised, there are those who say they get money for old rope, but I say that is not so, there are those who say they haven’t a clue, but I say they know their onions, it’s a vocation, a calling like the priesthood and like the articles in my fridge, many are cold but few are frozen. (taken from 'Sermons on the Mount' and written by a prophet sitting on a horse)
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2017, 04:23 PM

There were a lot of Harry Potter fans in my local Poundland, throwing a deflated Volley ball about, I asked the assistant what was going on, don't worry said the assistant, it's Quideach.

Page 200 of 1676 « First < 100 150 190 198 199 200 201 202 210 250 300 700 1200 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top