Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2011, 05:49 PM

Re: Virus Warning

VM I hope that you're OK with this?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2011, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by maryl ->
This is what VM posted and I took it seriously.

Don't click on links claiming to "Enable Dislike Button" on Facebook, this is a fast-spreading scam that has caused problems for social networking users. These Messages claiming to offer the opposite to a like button have been appearing on many Facebook users' walls:

Snopes and Sophos this is real this is nasty.
http://www.snopes.com/computer/facebook/dislike.asp
Yes, thanks for the info Mary....
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2011, 06:13 PM

Sorry I missed that VM, and thanks for the tip.
Personally I don't mind if nobody replies to any thread I put up, some I can't reply to as I wouldn't know enough about it, like football, I like it but know nothing about it and when I see grown Men (who say they know all about it) in the pub nearly coming to blows over some game or another, it doesn't encourage me to follow it. So you can all feel free to ignore me if you like, I'll still be a happy Man.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2011, 06:30 PM

I would be eternally thankful if a certain Scottish lady? ignored me.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2011, 08:58 PM

I'm pleased to get a reply to a post; not upset if I don't. Not everything I post is of interest to everyone, people often miss a day checking the forum ... (some of you have lives! !) Some don't have an opinion, or care enough to post about it. Que sera, sera!
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

12-06-2011, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Victors Mate ->
To clear up the mystery. I posted a well researched virus warning on the forums I frequent on all the other forums I was thanked on this forum in spite of many viewings no one extended that courtesy which is about the norm for my treatment here.

Therefore I removed the warning. I now notice that there is veiled accusations of me being a troll.
Some 40plus views and no replies at that time. Of course you must be right it is my problem and all my fault I should just ignore lack of feed back and acknowlegement.

I never saw your link either but did wonder what you had threw a Paddy about this time though !

You seem to be very short fused VM .........

Having posted a recipe that I have used and found to produce a good result as hopefully helpful information not as an opinion for discussion I then find some others have a different agenda; obviously I am not a member of your little clique.

I won’t make the mistake of trying to be helpful again, not worth the agro.

http://www.over50sforum.com/newreply...reply&p=100340

I have 90% of my posts ignored and yet hundreds of views ..... Dont sweat the small stuff ........ I`ve responded to some of the stuff you post and at times find you quite funny

Relax and just have fun
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

12-06-2011, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
I would be eternally thankful if a certain Scottish lady? ignored me.

Have you tried asking her to ?

Is she clairvoyant ?

I`m quite sure if you asked her to , or asked Admin to intervene on your behalf the person would be happy to oblige , after all there are some very witty , funny and intelligent Posters here for her to engage with , and i`m quite sure ignoring you wouldnt be a problem for her

Or do you just like to drag your personal grievences and spiteful , nasty posts all over the Forum ?
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2011, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Looking at the timings VM, you didn't give us much of a chance to either read the post or thank you for it!

You posted the original at 7.22pm on the 10th, and you had deleted it before Topaz's post at 9.52pm! Most folks wouldn't have even seen it in that short space of time, I for one certainly wouldn't as I am not logged on during those hours, yet it's all our fault? What is your problem?
Some 40plus views and no replies at that time. Of course you must be right it is my problem and all my fault I should just ignore lack of feed back and acknowlegement.
What you might not realise VM is that all the views on a particular thread aren't actually real people. If you click on the "Who's Online" tab then you will notice that there are guests viewing, who cannot reply, and also search engine spiders who continually trawl the site. After a couple of hours then it is quite possible to have 50 views but perhaps only half a dozen member views, and do you respond to every thread that you view? I think not.....
Agree with what Plantman has said. Not all views are members - most are bots, some are guests and some are members.

Also, not everyone is interested in what goes on at/or uses facebook (me included) so your thread may have been of zero interest to x amount of users (probably most of us here).

Finally, if no-one replies, so what - I post threads all the time with little or no replies sometimes. You just have to accept that your posting didn't inspire a response - and that's fine because not all do.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2011, 02:45 PM

Also a quick note re digs and remarks about each other - please don't turn over50sforum into a fighting ground like so many of the other forums. If you don't like someone just ignore them
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2011, 04:32 PM

Looking at the timings VM, you didn't give us much of a chance to either read the post or thank you for it!You posted the original at 7.22pm on the 10th, and you had deleted it before Topaz's post at 9.52pm! Most folks wouldn't have even seen it in that short space of time, I for one certainly wouldn't as I am not logged on during those hours, yet it's all our fault? What is your problem?
Good point Barry, I for one can only log in for a few minutes every few days, I just don't have the time for any longer

What you might not realise VM is that all the views on a particular thread aren't actually real people. If you click on the "Who's Online" tab then you will notice that there are guests viewing, who cannot reply, and also search engine spiders who continually trawl the site. After a couple of hours then it is quite possible to have 50 views but perhaps only half a dozen member views, and do you respond to every thread that you view? I think not.....
My thoughts exactly

Originally Posted by maryl ->
This is what VM posted and I took it seriously.

Don't click on links claiming to "Enable Dislike Button" on Facebook, this is a fast-spreading scam that has caused problems for social networking users. These Messages claiming to offer the opposite to a like button have been appearing on many Facebook users' walls:

Snopes and Sophos this is real this is nasty.
http://www.snopes.com/computer/facebook/dislike.asp
But I'm not on Facebook and never intend to be so VM I am very sorry but even if I had read your post (Which I didn't) I am sorry to say I would not have replied, even to add a thank you because it didn't, and never will have been applicable to me

Incidentally VM please don't get upset, it didn't take me long to learn that when I post on forums that is the equivalent to the kiss of death for that thread, and I hardly ever bother to look at the 'views' number ever since I discovered that 'views' are mostly these 'bot' things (Whatever they are) and not real people.

TBH I think you need to allow 24 hours for responses from real people and if nothing I've noticed that some people do a 'jump up' or 'rise to the top' type post.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top