Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2011, 10:03 PM

Re: Good Morning Saturday

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
It's hard leaving them, even though we know they're with family/friends and will be well taken care of, loved and spoiled a bit. The house feels so empty, doesn't it?
It does Eileen-you'll know that feeling well, when the lovely Leia was away from you, but two weeks will soon pass.....
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2011, 10:11 PM

Hi people! Clouded over and not as warm: 26 C (77 F); very good (or bad!) change of t'storms this afternoon. Saw my pulmonologist yesterday, and:

Excellent oxygen news! I can dispense with the Advair; can go off the oxygen during the day for longer and longer periods as long as I have no shortness of breath (off the record, I have been off it for short periods, up to a half hour). She wants me to stay on it over night, however. It'll feel so great not to have all that tubimg trailing along behind me! I have a prescription for an O2 saturation monitor for home use' as long as it it at 88 or above I am fine. Very happy news that I'm glad to share.

Sorry for the long post. Have a great day, folks!
'evening all

'afternoon Eileen,
No need to apologise, it's good to see the progress you're making and I agree that tugging all that tubing and O2 bottle around must be hard, mind you if you were to take up scuba diving it could be quite handy
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2011, 11:29 PM

I always thought scuba diving would be a really fun thing to try, but no coral reefs nearby, and I'm the wimp who hates traveling and won't fly!

Seriously, people are amazing;y adaptable. When I first got the nasal cannula and the tank, tubing, etc., I thought "I can't do this!!!" By day two, was second nature ... annoying, but I could live with it ...

Life goes on
Odie
Ontario, Canada
Odie is female  Odie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2011, 12:37 AM

Hi everyone!

It was a dull day, so decided to do some painting and laundry, does it get anymore exciting?
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2011, 01:48 AM

Oh Odie,we do lead exciting lives, don't we? I spent the day reading, doing the crossword and wrapping glassware preparatory to a move... But we're alive and breathing; could be worse.....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2011, 09:07 PM

Hi people! Clouded over and not as warm: 26 C (77 F); very good (or bad!) change of t'storms this afternoon. Saw my pulmonologist yesterday, and:

Excellent oxygen news! I can dispense with the Advair; can go off the oxygen during the day for longer and longer periods as long as I have no shortness of breath (off the record, I have been off it for short periods, up to a half hour). She wants me to stay on it over night, however. It'll feel so great not to have all that tubimg trailing along behind me! I have a prescription for an O2 saturation monitor for home use' as long as it it at 88 or above I am fine. Very happy news that I'm glad to share.

Sorry for the long post. Have a great day, folks!
That's excellent news, Eileen ...... you have certainly made progress and I hope it continues. I love your positive attitude, you take what is thrown at you in life and carry on regardless ...... you are indeed a strong lady.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

19-06-2011, 09:38 PM

Thank you, Mags! But I do whinge a lot ... makes it better in a way to complain loud and long before settling to it!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top