Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2011, 10:14 AM

Sir Brucie

Well the old sod got what he wanted, after endless pleadings and snivelling by the great and the good. In a mad world thats just got even dafter, one wonders whats next. Sir Jimmy Cricket? Lord and Lady Krankie? Baron Basil Brush? I'm off to Buck Palace to see if there's any MBE'S or OBE'S knocking about.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2011, 11:07 AM

Re: Sir Brucie

True John, it's lost all meaning, even if there ever was any. It seems that all you need for an "honour" is to be rich and famous. Pointless really....
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2011, 12:23 PM

Never like the bloke.

But you have to watch him as he is a master of his craft

Congrats Sir Brucie
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2011, 12:43 PM

Was there ever a more nauseous, obnoxious bloke in showbiz? By now you may have guessed I can't stand him......
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2011, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Was there ever a more nauseous, obnoxious bloke in showbiz? By now you may have guessed I can't stand him......
We used to have a saying over here, 'He's a terribly nice Fella, but nobody likes him'. that about sums up Brucie.
bloggsy
Hampshire
bloggsy is male  bloggsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2011, 04:05 PM

Never took to Brucie, but you have to admire his versatility and I feel his Knighthood was deserved
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts

11-06-2011, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by bloggsy ->
Never took to Brucie, but you have to admire his versatility and I feel his Knighthood was deserved
What do you actually do to deserve a knighthood? The mere mortals who work tirelessly for charities/communities etc. yes, it's great to have an official recognition, but to get a knighthood just for being famous? Explain that one to me...
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2011, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
What do you actually do to deserve a knighthood? The mere mortals who work tirelessly for charities/communities etc. yes, it's great to have an official recognition, but to get a knighthood just for being famous? Explain that one to me...
There has been a campaign going on for a few years for him to be awarded a Knighthood.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...ands-fans.html
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2011, 06:28 PM

I was hoping they wouldn't bow to pressure and give Brucie the knighthood. I think he is "smarmy".
Did you notice that they gave one to two of the "Gooodies" - Tim Brooke-Taylor and the other chap - but did not give one to poor Bill Oddie - where is the sense in that?
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex

11-06-2011, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I was hoping they wouldn't bow to pressure and give Brucie the knighthood. I think he is "smarmy".
Did you notice that they gave one to two of the "Gooodies" - Tim Brooke-Taylor and the other chap - but did not give one to poor Bill Oddie - where is the sense in that?
Think that TBT and GG where both given an OBE in this years honours list

Bill Oddie was given an OBE in 2003

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top