Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2011, 02:40 PM

Re: Sir Brucie

Could'nt agree more about Springwatch. Shall we look at some lovely birds? No, lets have our egos loose for a while. Apart from that lovely Welsh chap last week, the three presenters really got on my wick.Its supposed to be about nature, not ham acting by you know who.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2011, 08:45 AM

Now that Bruce has got his knighthood, can we persuade Mrs Windsor to accidentally slip with the sword ???

And since Mr Windsor is now a venerable 90, can we persuade BOTH of 'em to call it a day and retire??? which may then open the door for a change in our constitution and we get a Republic (very few want to see Charlie King, and even less his missus).
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2011, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Bill used to be very watchable with his own wildlife programmes, but I think Springwatch was the worst program he made. Even now he's gone from Springwatch I still can't watch it because of the remaining presenters, their presentation style being both infantile and patronising.....
Towards the end of Bill Oddie's appearances on Springwatch I think he was finding life more and more difficult. His illness was getting on top of him, which must have been awful.
I still do enjoy Springwatch and Autumnwatch and, generally, I like the presenters but, I agree, sometimes the reparte between them does get a bit tiresome. Maybe they should have changed direction a bit when Bill Oddie finished, rather than carry on in a similar vein.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2011, 12:09 PM

I think that in many ways he should have been honoured a long time ago - perhaps he'd have retired and we wouldn't have to keep seeing him!
Honours are given out too readily now and that's been the case for too long.
It's been used to easily to get more peers of a "certain persuasion" into the House of Lords but it also opens doors for many recipients that they'd never get through without a title or honour of some kind.
There are many, many more deserving people in this country that should be honoured, reflecting the true purpose of honours; the acknowledgement of a true service to community or country. stevmk2

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top