Join for free
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2011, 07:27 AM

Soaking Saturday

Good morning folk

Got a good soaking on the walk this morning due to it being Very Wet and windy here with a grey sky and no breaks in the clouds so it looks like the lakes will be getting to a overflow situation.

Plans for today are on hold until she who must be obeyed decides what she wants to do so until then it will be catching up on correspondence, relaxing listening to some good music.

Have a good day folks and dont forget life is for living not couch potatoing.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2011, 07:42 AM

Re: Soaking Saturday

A very good morning to all and sundry.

Rain overnight and showers forecast for later so may catch up on some paperwork after the puppy's walkies until it brightens up.

I'm cooking fajitas for lunch with tomato salsa, and then fresh fruit salad for pud...yum yum

Try to have a good day, I know I intend to....

Barry
RockriderSpain
Malaga, Spain
RockriderSpain is male  RockriderSpain has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2011, 08:34 AM

So much for the drought in the UK. the previous week I was seeing on every news bulletin how everybody was suffering, prices of food would have to increase, shortages of this and that, blar, blar, blar.
Now this past week seen and heard nothing but rain.
We live in one of the hottest and driest places in Europe and rarely have a water shortage. All the plants, gardens and crops are irrigated regularly.

Anyway, whatever

Out walking the 3 in a mo, then down to the river to give Barney-Wooooo his long walk and a swim.
Then its mowing the ancestral acres and evening out the tan.
Have been wearing sleeveless shirts or vest and have really tanned arms and shoulders and still pale back and front.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2011, 09:02 AM

Good morning everyone. At the moment it is a bright and sunny morning here with a nice cool breeze - the forecast says rain is on its way so best make the most of it. No childminding duties today, so peace and quiet and a bit of a walk while it stays dry.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2011, 12:13 PM

Good morning world! Rain predicted here but I don't mind my Begonias are breaking ground and could use a free drink. I took an 85 mile scooter trip to Multnomah Falls yesterday and found it beautiful as ever. It's a huge tourist stop along a major interstate highway. Folks from all points on the globe stop to catch the sights, take pictures and speak in foreign tongues. I've been there a hundred times and still enjoy it.

I have no plans for today so I'll just be winging it. I'll likely start my day at McDonald's talking with my fellow senior friends. I've got about 1 month before my vacation departure so I may spend a bit of time looking for activity on foot in San Francisco since I'll have a full day before traveling to Las Vegas for my bus pickup. The tour company changed the departure start and is flying me to Las Vegas for free.

RockriderSpain
Malaga, Spain
RockriderSpain is male  RockriderSpain has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2011, 02:03 PM

Just a quicky, it's 3 in the afternoon here and it's 45c (113f) on our back terrace.
That's hot, hot, hot.............................
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2011, 02:24 PM

Wow! That's really hot! I'll send you some cool from Oregon. It's 58 F here right now.
RockriderSpain
Malaga, Spain

18-06-2011, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
Wow! That's really hot! I'll send you some cool from Oregon. It's 58 F here right now.
I have to say it looks really beautiful where you live.

We have some spectacular scenery, but everything is now parched and brown.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2011, 04:37 PM

Hi all. Cloudy, milder, the ever-present threat to afternoon t'storms. Presently 24 C (75 F), will be above normal at last by afternoon, Slacked up a bit re moving; I'm out of boxes for books and big plastic bags for bagging clothes.

Wow, Rockrider, I like it hot but that's a bit too much even for me! The 90s F are perfect; above that, uh uh ......

Bob, gorgeous pic!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top